It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Government-Backed Media in U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The popularity of foreign government financed media in the U.S., such as RussiaToday (RF), PressTV (Iran) and The 4th Media (China), has been on the rise. I'm frankly surprised none of these countries started domestic media outlets sooner, to counter VoA and Radio Liberty.

None of them really seem to break news, just repackage and re-prioritize it to put additional emphasis on underreported stories that - while carried by the MSM - get shuffled to the back pages. An exception seems to be The 4th Media which feeds on conspiracy.

Do you generally view outlets like this as credible, more credible, or less credible than the MSM? As more credible, less credible or as credible as domestic alt media?
edit on 4-7-2012 by Castillo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Castillo

I don't trust ANY news source, including ATS. Everyone is going to be biased. The best you can do is get your news from multiple sources and filter through the BS.

As far as the foreign news sources in the US, I say more power to 'em. If they want to show something that CNN or Fox news won't good for them. Just don't expect them to be any better than US msm.
edit on 5-7-2012 by MrSandman because: (no reason given)

join