It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dual Survival -- Was Dave fired?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
www.ask.com...

I thought the new season of Dual Survival should have started by now. When searching around, I found this link that says Dave Canterbury was fired in September for misrepresenting his military and civilian experience, and that he has been replaced by a Special Forces veteran. Apparently, this delayed filming of the third season. Does anybody know anything about this?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is the first I've heard of this. If true, it's unfortunate. Regardless of his military background (I have no idea what his claims are or what he actually did), Dave is still an invaluable resource for the survival-minded. I remember finding him on youtube and being amazed by the amount of survival info he put online, and I was very excited for him when I learned that he'd be getting a show on Discovery. I'm equally as disappointed to learn that he won't be continuing on the show. I hope this is just a rumor

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NazcaP

In no secret in the Bushcraft/survival community that he did! It took Discovery WAY to damn long to figure this out. He is a great instructor and good at what he teaches he just had a problem with being himself. He had to claim all this other BS that when proven false destroyed his credibility!

YES he is gone and will NOT be back.

He said he was "just to busy with everything else to keep up with the demands of tv" on his FB, but he was in a 2 season contract that he talked about after the renewal of the first season so he didnt walk away from that.

So think about it what do you think happened!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Snakedoctorjw

Well, what a shame. I did enjoy his knowledge, and I thought he and Cody had good chemistry that made the show interesting. Still, there's no excuse for misrepresenting one's resume, especially with the military stuff.

I hope the new person will be just as good as Dave was.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I haven't heard anything about Canterbury lying about his military record. The man is involved in a variety of other ventures though and perhaps wants to focus on those. Rumor has it that Mykel Hawke could be on the short list to replace him. Who knows... Rumors Rumors Rumors

Hawke has a new line of knives that I'm sure he would love to promote via a new TV gig.

www.smkw.com...#/1/

His new knife looks a little cheesy to me
edit on 2-7-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NazcaP

That sucks to hear. I watch the show and I like both of those guys. They worked well together on screen. But if he lied, I mean, c'mon. It's like Robert from Kitchen Impossible. He lied about all the things he did. Why do it? From just the perspective of someone watching the show they are more than capable of doing it. But they hurt themselves in the end.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well I guess this proves that if you were not in the military or you lie, you do not know how to survive.

And all of this time, I believed that these two skills were survival skills.
But if the big networks say so...

edit on 2-7-2012 by g146541 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Thats not the point being made here bub,

He is and will always be a great instructor and survivalist/woodsman. NO ONE is taking that away.

BUT

You can not expect great rewards when you misrepresent yourself, If they are looking for SF Military and you claim that and turns out you were not, Then no matter how great you are at your given field your ass will be fired.

His skills dont matter when it comes down to the company looking bad.

I still follow Dave even after sitting and watching all the SHTF when the truth came out on a USA Bushcraft forum back in its good days. He has allot of knowledge and is giving it away. but he shot himself in the foot!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The morale of the story here is: Never lie on your resume.

join