It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

battle in fallujah ahead - what do you think??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20041006/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

how long will it take??US captured Sammara very quickly.US also signed cease-fire with Muktada al-Sadr followers to keep them quiet in next days when they attack.Last battles in fallujah were very bloody and we can't say that US won decisively even that field officers said that they needed only few days to shatter the insurgents.

I wish US boys luck in next days
)

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
and i wish the the insurgents luck

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Personally, I'd say evacuate the actual citizens (i.e. check for arms on the way out) then carpet bomb the town (mosques and all) to rubble.

Perhaps then the insurgents would then find most towns reluctant to hide them???

Tip-toeing around hasn't gotten us far...I say send a strong, clear message, that assisting the insurgents is the wrong idea...

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well, I hope the U.S. learned lessons from the last time they tried to take Fallujah.
1. Finish what you start. ( If ya don't kill me, you only make me stronger.) that quote keeps ringing in my head.
2. Don't leave some half a**'d ex-baathist general in charge when they're done.
Unbelievable what happened the first time around!

This cease fire? It's a joke!!!!! al-Sadr has no intentions on keeping his word! Happened once. He's (imo) just a mouthpiece for the anti-american movement over there anyway.
And they have enough nerve to call us puppets

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardCore American
Well, I hope the U.S. learned lessons from the last time they tried to take Fallujah.
1. Finish what you start. ( If ya don't kill me, you only make me stronger.) that quote keeps ringing in my head.
2. Don't leave some half a**'d ex-baathist general in charge when they're done.
Unbelievable what happened the first time around!

This cease fire? It's a joke!!!!! al-Sadr has no intentions on keeping his word! Happened once. He's (imo) just a mouthpiece for the anti-american movement over there anyway.
And they have enough nerve to call us puppets

Not exactly - I think that Sadr lost everything - he was removed from sacred shrine.He was safe there - it could take days/weeks to get him out of there if he would make another uprising.Now his militia was destroyed,many of his fighters are dead and Americans defeated him.So he can't say that he won something.He was crushed by US.He didn't created any myth what he could use now.

I think that US did it very smart.They removed him from this game first.now than protected Baghdad and weaker cities like Sammara.

Now they are going to Fallujah.Look at one thing.At april insurgents "choosed" place and time.Now US took the position.The rest of the land is secured.Insurgents cannot attack US from the other side.

I'm sure that this time wasn't wasted
)

[edit on 6-10-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think we're being too nice, im all for as little casualties as possible, but sometimes nothing can fix a situation like napalm.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well, they've got to clean things up, and make it appear as if it is secure for elections in Jan. Sooner or later, they will have to fix what they didn't finish in Fallujah.

As far as Sadr goes, I don't think he will be starting any crap between now and their elections. He is going to look at joining the political scene. After he's laughed out of that, then he'll reform his militia.

Al-Sadr to join political arena

Edited to add link to ATSNN story.

[edit on 10/6/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think we should cordon off the entire city, send psyops out with pamplets giving them a few days to evacuate with searches of those that will evacuate, then after say 72 hours, start with MLRS strikes combined with carpet bombing by B-52's. Sadly, you must make the citizens of Iraq fear the U.S. even more than they fear the insurgents they hide because of that same fear.

The American people want an end to this war, but are, for the most part, unwilling to do the things that are necessary to end it. The philosophy that we Americans can fight a symmetric war against asymmetric enemies is ludicrous and is costing us troops everyday.

Wars are not fought with flowers and gifts, but with bullets and blood. I may sound like a heartless individual, but I am a realist. When we decide that our troop's lives are more valuable than the lives of the enemies, and we stand up to let our government know that if we have to be in there, then let's be in there to win--no matter the collateral costs, we may have a chance to save lives.

I don't like the fact that some innocent iraqis have died because of our combat operations anymore than the next sane individual. However, I am American, not Iraqi. I fully believe that our men and women's lives are more valuable in this situation than is theirs. Are they any less human than are we? Of course not, they are entitled to life as much as I am or are you, but unfortuantely they are in a combat zone with our men and women's lives on the line.

In the end, I don't really give much of a damn what the people of Iraq think about the United States or her troops. We have helped much of the world through aid packages, blood of our troops, disaster relief and we are ridiculed on a day to day basis by the same people we helped. At the end of the day I know that Americans can lay their heads on their pillows and close their eyes knowing that we have done good things for this world and no amount of profanity, spitting, burning of our flag can change that.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I agree with the last statement. ALOT!!! I dont understand why evryone hates the united states. someone please riddle me this.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by USTerrain
I think we should cordon off the entire city, send psyops out with pamplets giving them a few days to evacuate with searches of those that will evacuate, then after say 72 hours, start with MLRS strikes combined with carpet bombing by B-52's. Sadly, you must make the citizens of Iraq fear the U.S. even more than they fear the insurgents they hide because of that same fear.

and

In the end, I don't really give much of a damn what the people of Iraq think about the United States or her troops. We have helped much of the world through aid packages, blood of our troops, disaster relief and we are ridiculed on a day to day basis by the same people we helped. At the end of the day I know that Americans can lay their heads on their pillows and close their eyes knowing that we have done good things for this world and no amount of profanity, spitting, burning of our flag can change that.

so you want to help them by carpet bombing???I'm not sure if it's a good way.maybe US should choose different way,don't you think???

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Oh there are indeed better ways to level a city. Dropping a tactical nuke on it would be quicker and probably cheaper, but that would be a bit overboard don't you think?

I was being somewhat sarcastic. My main goal was to state that as long as Americans think that we can fight symmetrically in this campaign, then we will forever endure the insurgent attacks. Too many people saw the Gulf War on TV and thought that all of today's wars will be fought the same way.

Only a complete fool thought we'd go into Iraq and everyone would just jump for joy. Fear is a very compelling thing, especially when you've lived with it for so long....And it is naive to believe that the Iraqis are cheering for the same individuals that are blowing up their children and calling themselves, freedom fighters. It's all about fear....

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I agree with Gazrok. We can't be playing the politically correct game with these insurgents anymore. They do not play by the rules so why should we. We should drop phamplets letting them know we are going to level the city. leave or die! These insurgents only know one thing, they think we are weak, we have to prove to them we are not. The sooner we take them out the sooner are warriors can come home.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
my opinion is the us troops should pull out and let the iraqis kill each other,thats what they are doing allready so just remove the american targets.

top topics

join