It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret World - A game made for ATS'ers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I saw the initial tease for this game about a year ago and have been waiting
). Funcom is a great mmo company, when i was younger i played anarchy online. First futuristick mmo i'd played. They had a great set up for it. Free to play for anyone but you purchased expansions and if you payed to play monthly like most there were alot of worthwhile perks, but the free version still kicked ass.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I've talked about this game here a couple times. Even made a thread! Anyhow- I've been in the closed beta for a month or so now. It's a pretty amazing game!

It's still a bit buggy but they're patching daily and adding parts of the release version.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Zox720

I played Anarchy Online for the better part of a decade. It is the rule by which all mmo's are measured for me. I agree with you about funcom. It filled the void for all of us that were hoping FASA would do an mmo Shadowrun.

AO came close, but just didn't quite deliver on backstory.

Hopefully secret world will deliver the goods, at a reasonable cost.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I wouldn't hold my breath for this game considering how bad Funcom butchered Age of Conan. Turned a game that was genuinely fun into a watered down penny pinching time sink. I didn't think it was possible for a game to get more and more worse with every patch.

People on the forums were actually calling it an insider conspiracy by Blizzard (The company that runs World of Warcraft). Funcom won't get another dime from me.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
...Or you mean the truth?

LOL

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Manhater

Well you did post in the entertainment section, and this is in the video games section, and ATS does allow two threads about the same thing if they are in different forums...

Anyway, you wrote this in your thread:

A) The Illuminati [USA]
B) The Dragons [China]
C) The Templar [Britain]

But according to the picture in this trailer the Templars appear to be more in the middle east region... and the Dragons would be in the whole Asian Pacific area, not just China.

PS - did anyone else immediately think of Fulford and his claims about the Dragon Family and their secret societies spread around the Asian Pacific area? This game is eerily aligned with many conspiracy theories...
edit on 21/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Anarchy Online is my favorite mmo ever and probably my favorite rpg ever.
I just hope they don't dumb it down to be more popular, I taught Anarchy was great idea to be a complicated, non-accessible game for the masses since it keeps stupid and immature people away.

I am looking forward to Secret World being a pretty good game.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I played it a bit, it was alright

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I really didn't like the little bit of beta I played. I may give it another chance but I was not impressed.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ive been playing it for about 2-3 hours as Illuminati, and definitely some parallels to the world we live in...

Surveilence everywhere, doctors talking about working on MK ultra while he injects you with who knows what, and put a chip in my spine...

Pretty fun so far

Not the best newbie quests though... still trying to figure the mechanics out, and ive been playing MMO's forever

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If anyone here is in game and is looking for some fellow ATS'er to mission and grow with drop me a line (u2u me) or search for my in game Cabal (guild) its called AboveTopSecret , oddly enough , represent !

The ingame world that my main chararter plays out of is Daemon and I am a member of the Dragon sect .

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hey im playing thre secret world to as the illuminati im searching for fellow illuminists to work with my in game is Germanicus 'theBlondBeast' Ultima

nickname AngelofDeath is already taken
i hope i hear of you soon

<< 1  2   >>

join