It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan route cut-off costs U.S. $100 mln a month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Pakistan route cut-off costs U.S. $100 mln a month

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Pakistan's closure of supply routes to the Afghan war is costing American taxpayers $100 million a month, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said on Wednesday, as he recommended possibly setting conditions on future U.S. aid to Islamabad.

Panetta's decision to disclose what had been a closely guarded figure at the Pentagon appeared to be another sign of frustration with Pakistan and will do little to generate sympathy for that country in Congress, which is wrestling with ways to scale back the U.S. budget deficit.

Asked during a Senate budget hearing whether he would recommend
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have one simple yet elegant solution:

STOP THE WAR IN AFGHANISTAN AND BRING OUR BOYS HOME!

And spend that money on people in America who need that help.

But that's just too much to ask for. So far we've spent this amount of money in Afghanistan and Iraq;

costofwar.com...

That money can be better spent on helping Americans get jobs and repair the infrastructure and all kinds of goodies America is having trouble with.

But our government is just too interested in sending our troops into wars that are senseless and political in which there is no news coming out of.

100 million dollars a month can help feed tens of thousands of people and buy thousands of tons of food.

Sigh.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I have one simple yet elegant solution:

STOP THE WAR IN AFGHANISTAN AND BRING OUR BOYS HOME!

And spend that money on people in America who need that help.

Amen brother.

Some people may say it is unreasonable to bring our troops back home, and close down are military bases across the globe.

I say that's BS!

lets focus on the defense back home and the preservation of our society.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

What costs America money is fighting a useless damned war that never should have been started in the first place. It is being fought because Americans love to kill brown people. Americans are too dumb and willfully blind to see that there own government created and control Al Quaeda and pulled 911 through that proxy. Eventually unless Americans wake up it will cost them everything. Too late.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Well, All America has to do is cut the almost $2 billion it gives to Pakistan in aid per year to get their money back.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

What costs America money is fighting a useless damned war that never should have been started in the first place. It is being fought because Americans love to kill brown people. Americans are too dumb and willfully blind to see that there own government created and control Al Quaeda and pulled 911 through that proxy. Eventually unless Americans wake up it will cost them everything. Too late.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

Let me ask, if you were an "American" what would you as an individual do to fix this problem? I'll admit, we have a lot of sheep, but we are not all sheep. So what is your solution?
edit on 13-6-2012 by Freezer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Boy, am I glad Obama closed Gitmo and ended those neverending wars.

Can you imagine the mess we'd be in right now if he hadn't?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Boy, am I glad Obama closed Gitmo and ended those neverending wars.

Can you imagine the mess we'd be in right now if he hadn't?

Classic reply. Exactly what I was thinking. Deduct the additional cost from aid we give them, they will very quickly open them back up.

join