It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog rescues abandoned newborn

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Dog rescues abandoned newborn

shine.yahoo.com

A farm dog in Ghana has attained hero status after spending a night protecting an abandoned newborn human. Authorities say the dog, along with its two-week-old charge, was found under a bridge in Winkongo (which is near Bolgatanga, the Upper East Regional Capital of Ghana), near the farm where he lives – with the tiny baby snuggled against him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What can be said? I love dogs. I love all animals. They know what needs to be done in nature. It wasn't personal. It wasn't for the benefit of the dog. The dog was just doing what it knew it had to do to preserve this precious baby. Of course, this isn't a unique case but I fancy it over the doom and gloom of late.

The beauty of dogs, and all animals, is that they don't care about how their actions will reflect them to society. You've seen plenty of videos, or read plenty of stories, where someone lays helpless on the side of the road or is dying and in need of desperate help but people just walk or drive by. Why? Usually because they are scared. Scared they will get in trouble, or scared of the injured person being crazy and unhealthy. Then again, sometimes they truly just don't care.

But not animals, not dogs. They don't care what negative-aftermath their actions could hold, they don't even think about them. They just do what is right.

I love you, dogs.

shine.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is just awesome, this tells me animals feel more than we think they do. Of course some dogs can be vicious but that can only be blamed on the owners! Much like the criminals we see in the world, it's almost a result of something bad that happened to them in earlier years whether from their parents or not. I just hate how we claim the top without ever considering life around us. I just make sure I help the animals, even if it's an insect. I'm completely against taking their life, it's just not fair for them...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Dogs have evolved alongside humans... (if you prefer not to believe that - dogs have been with humans for eons.)

We (meaning dogs and people) can read each other, know when one another is in pain, understand a moment of need for comfort.. or protection.

I, for one, am not surprised... but reassured that at least at some point in time... even in our ancient past, we were able to embrace the natural allies we have, and make our destinies intertwine.

... Let's hope this encourages people to respect the most domesticated of all the animals we adopt... as it clearly pays off in the most pleasant way.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Lovely story,I liked this from your link:

A search party had been convened to look for the dog, not the baby, when the pooch's worried owner got concerned that her pet hadn't returned home in the evening.

The dog had decided it was more important to help the baby than to go home to its safe family environment.
That is heartwarming IMO.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's probably just me (as usual) but...

Had another few hours passed, perhaps a day, I suspect the title would have read "Dog Consumes Abandoned Newborn."

You just can't pass up a hot meal like that. Fresh meat!

Humans should quit anthropomorphasizing.

And to put it another way using another critter. "Isn't it CUTE watching the cat PLAY with that mouse!"
Mousey doesn't FEEL that way. And Pussy is NOT playing!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
It's probably just me (as usual) but...

Had another few hours passed, perhaps a day, I suspect the title would have read "Dog Consumes Abandoned Newborn."

You just can't pass up a hot meal like that. Fresh meat!

Humans should quit anthropomorphasizing.

And to put it another way using another critter. "Isn't it CUTE watching the cat PLAY with that mouse!"
Mousey doesn't FEEL that way. And Pussy is NOT playing!

Did you read the article? The dog didn't come home because it was sheltering this infant. It had a home. A warm home with food... If what you are implying is that the dog would have ate the baby after some time due to its own needs, you are illogical. If all the dog cared about was itself and its own survival, it would have left the "heavy baggage" (the baby) and gone on home where it could be safe, warm, and fed.

If you are implying that the dog WAS nurturing the baby but then, due to time, would have gotten so hungry that it decided to eat the baby, you are illogical. If the dog didn't care about the baby enough to eat it, it would have never sheltered it in the first place. If it cared about the baby enough to sacrifice its well-being previously, it would surely do it again (I.E not eating). Dogs do not have a concept of time. It wouldn't have looked at its wrist watch and said "Oh, well, three days have passed. Better eat this baby." It would have stayed there until it or the baby died. Dogs are not wasteful creatures. They do not invest themselves into something that they plan to eat later on.

So, yes, it probably is just you.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I love you, dogs.

I will admit that the love of Dog has never flowed particularly strongly for me. Other animals, yes, but dogs, not particularly.

Still, I think it's important to avoid making negative generalisations about canines, to the same degree that it is about humans; and absolutely to recognise it when dogs engage in valuable acts such as this one.

This dog is to be commended.
edit on 7-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The dog might have eaten the baby once it eventually died of starvation (sorry for that) - because it is only an animal after all -

But you simply cannot argue that it was doing anything but protecting this tiny human as best it could once it found it. If he had known how to feed the baby, I'll bet he would have done so.

And that is simply amazing.
No other animal in the animal kingdom is very likely to do this. I love that we have an animal with a special connection to us as humans.

(I love dogs, too.)
edit on 8-6-2012 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I guess I'll take some crap for this but something doesn't seem right here.

1. I've never heard of a search party launched to look for a dog that didn't come home at night....on a farm. This is normal behavior for a farm dog.

2. Why was it announced during a PR announcement of new vaccines? This insures that the vaccines get top billing and notice in the local MSM.

I have a feeling that this might have been a setup to push a different agenda.

Don't get me wrong. I love dogs and have raised a few wolves in my day...hence my avatar. But something just doesn't work here.

Of course I could be wrong completely and this is exactly what happened.

Peace

edit on 8-6-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

As heart warming as this article is, after thoroughly reading it I also found these things to be very odd, a search party... for a farm dog... in the middle of the night? And this happens to coincide exactly with the launch of 2 new vaccines in the region which is shamelessly interjected into the article...

Madam Rosemary Azure, Director of Health for the Talensi-Nabdam District, shared the remarkable story with the Ghana News Agency at a ceremony for a different occasion entirely – the launch of two vaccines that will help prevent diarrhea and pneumonia – although it's not impossible that officials will find themselves presiding over a medal presentation to "Hairy Poppins" sometime soon.

I don't want to rain on the parade here, dog's are wonderful animals and truly man's best friend, but I just can't trust anything the MSM says, when someone gets caught red handed thousands upon thousands of times telling lies and bending the truth how are you suppose to take them seriously?

After a little while you start developing a sixth sense to the bull#, and this reeks IMO.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Praise God in Heaven for his creation.

Little ones are precious and should be protected.

Thank you Jesus.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hm, I've been doing a little digging myself after the suggestions from two members in this thread. I hadn't really seen anything that stood out in the article as being fraudulent but I suppose I am naive. Any way, after searching a bit I came across this article. Now, this article does not advocate anything like the vaccines in the first article. In fact, I was able to find this article from about 6 other sources that did NOT mention vaccines at all. So, perhaps that is not what they are trying to sell. BUT this article does have this video:

They have a name for the dog and everything. Her name is "Cheena". Well... that's fascinating and all but there is just one problem. Check out this video that was posted FOUR years ago:

If you go directly to YouTube, you'll notice the date of upload on that second video is August 24, 2008. Where as the first video was uploaded June 7, 2012.

Something is starting to seem a bit fishy around here.
edit on 8-6-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Good follow up OP!

Yes, something is not right here and I have to believe that it has something to do with the vaccines being released. A heart warming story to tie in with it.

We'll have to see what happens.

Peace

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Was looking for a place to show off one of my favorite pictures. This is my 3 month old daughter and our 2 year old pit bull. He is always very gentle with her and we have never had any issues with them being around eachother. I think it shows that dogs do care and understand to some point how they should be around babies.

new topics

top topics

join