It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another US drone strike in Pakistan kills 15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Another US drone strike in Pakistan kills 15

india.nydailynews.com

A US drone aircraft struck in the South Waziristan region, near the border of Pakistan and Afghanistan, killing 15 suspected militants. This was the eighth drone attack since May 23.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
These drone attacks on "suspected" militants in Pakistan is getting ridiculous. I think US would be kinda pissed if every other day a Pakistani drone fired missiles at targets in New Jersey or Colorado. I think we should be a little concerned since the US just authorized the use of these unmanned drones in American airspace for law enforcement purposes.

india.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

it's in no way a simple situation, but i think the numbers say it all

"It said most of the 2,292 to 2,863 people reported to have died were low-ranking militants, but that only 126 fighters had been named.

It said it had credible reports of 385 to 775 civilians being killed, including 164 to 168 children."
india.nydailynews.com...
US foreign policy makes me sick...
So does Britain's.
officials
edit on 4-6-2012 by theGreatunhosed because: link to op

edit on 4-6-2012 by theGreatunhosed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
To whom ever was flying that Drone .... Hell of a Shot. How do you kill 15 Militants with one drone.

2nd

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
To whom ever was flying that Drone .... Hell of a Shot. How do you kill 15 Militants with one drone.

2nd

Mmm, a missile would carry high explosives, don't you think?

3rd.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by theGreatunhosed
reply to post by draco49

it's in no way a simple situation, but i think the numbers say it all

"It said most of the 2,292 to 2,863 people reported to have died were low-ranking militants, but that only 126 fighters had been named.

It said it had credible reports of 385 to 775 civilians being killed, including 164 to 168 children."
india.nydailynews.com...
US foreign policy makes me sick...
So does Britain's.
officials
edit on 4-6-2012 by theGreatunhosed because: link to op

edit on 4-6-2012 by theGreatunhosed because: (no reason given)

So they have killed more children that enemies. I f you add the max numbers you get 1920 people dead that were not named fighters, not civilian and not children. I wonder who those poor souls were.

The US had better keep the Pakistani Government in power. If someone else seizes power those Paki Nukes might repay a debt or two.

This is just terrible. More kids killed than militants is not acceptable, it is the murder of children.

P

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think that the collateral damage done by these drone strikes is vastly unreported, and it marks a disturbing new trend in US war efforts. The Hellfire missiles these drones typically use are accurate, but pack such a powerful punch that collateral damage, including children, are to be expected and are considered "acceptable" by the US government.

edit on 6/4/2012 by draco49 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
And if Pakistan pulls a 9/11 on us I do not want to hear anyone crying foul. We asked for it. Attack me if you wish but you know I am right.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Our government keeps adding fuel to the wildfire. Our "foreign policy", which is nothing but terrorism abroad, is painting a bullseye on us.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
And if Pakistan pulls a 9/11 on us I do not want to hear anyone crying foul. We asked for it. Attack me if you wish but you know I am right.

There's no way the US would blame Pakistan for anything. Pakistan has sat by and watched as US forces have taken control and dictated how their military and defense operations are to operate, We've set thing up in such a way as to remove Pakistani sovereignty and place it in th hands of US operators. Pakistan: you are a pawn in the global US initiative. And you allowed it to happen. So either shut up and allow to happen what you have authorized, or stand up an say "no!'.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
And as of this morning.... swing, and a miss!

SOURCE

US officials initially said they were “optimistic” that Abu Yahya al-Libi was killed when missiles destroyed his vehicle and a militant compound in North Waziristan, leaving 15 dead. However, a senior militant figure later told The Daily Telegraph that Libi was not caught in the attack. “The vehicle belonged to al-Libi but at the time he wasn’t in the vehicle,” said a Pakistan Taliban commander.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
All of these unmanned drone strikes should be stopped. How would the US feel if Pakistan or any other country the American government has bombed bombed them? I don't think the American people would stand to be bombed, especially by unmanned drones from another country! The US should focus their tax dollars elsewhere, such as putting Americans back to work, instead of covert wars.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

Oh wonderful news. 15 dead for nothing. Makes me so proud of my military....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by draco49

Oh wonderful news. 15 dead for nothing. Makes me so proud of my military....

The military only implements policy, the government drafts it. It's the military's job, as a whole, to follow orders without asking twice. Yeah people in the military have personal reservations about US foreign policy and frequently don't agree with it but the military has to do it's job despite those factors. If the Military conducted itself based on personal opinions then we might be Sprekenze Duetsch right now and the few freedoms we have left would have been a distant memory.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRemorse762
The military only implements policy, the government drafts it. It's the military's job, as a whole, to follow orders without asking twice. Yeah people in the military have personal reservations about US foreign policy and frequently don't agree with it but the military has to do it's job despite those factors. If the Military conducted itself based on personal opinions then we might be Sprekenze Duetsch right now and the few freedoms we have left would have been a distant memory.

I completely agree with you. This is not an issue with the military; it's a matter of policy and agenda within the high levels of the Executive Branch. People should remember that, regardless of how you feel about these policies that dictate military actions, don't ever blame our troops (Abu Gharib'ish situations not included). These are men and women who signed up to support and defend the US Constitution, and willingly put themselves in harms way to serve their nation. Like my sig says, "Support the troops, not the agenda".

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Why didn't we give the nazi soldiers the same pass as we are expected to give to our own military? Why was it an invalid excuse that they were just following orders, just doing a job? Quite frankly, that line of thinking is dangerous if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

History is written by the victors. I know for a fact that most Germans during WWII were Nazi's out of necessity rather than choice. The German population had no clue about Hitlers Final Solution. Their version of the MSM made sure to that. I also know for a fact that many Germans today are very proud of their fathers and grandfathers service in the German army during WWII. They are not proud of the obvious terrible and horrific decisions of the leadership though.

Edit: BTW, we did give 99.99% of German soldiers a pass after the war. A very small number, compared to the entire German armed forces, were brought up on war crimes or charges of any type. We only tried the brains and authority behind the Reich.
edit on 5-6-2012 by NoRemorse762 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Why didn't we give the nazi soldiers the same pass as we are expected to give to our own military? Why was it an invalid excuse that they were just following orders, just doing a job? Quite frankly, that line of thinking is dangerous if you ask me.

I empathize with you, but I don't think we're at the point where demonizing our active-duty military personnel is warranted. The realities of war on the ground are terrible, and while it's always easy to play "Monday morning quarterback", the nature of combat dictates that horrendous acts will take place. With the few exceptions of unsanctioned killings by a rogue soldier, shameful behavior exhibited at Abu Gharib, and a few others, the overwhelming majority of US soldiers exhibit professionalism, character, and integrity. Also consider that Ron Paul received more campaign donations from active-duty military than all the other candidates combined. To me, this indicates that there's a large number of active-duty personnel who take their oath seriously, and believe in the "strength at home - non-interventionism" basis for Paul's defense ideology.

join