It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Mordrake the man with two faces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is just creepy apparently this guy Edward modrake was a heir to an English fortune he also had a second face that was attached to the back of his head i don't know if its true or not but eather way its an intresting story

The true tale of Edward Mordake (Mordrake) has been lost to history. His unusual case occurred early in medical history and is referenced only in tales handed down. The tale of his life has become so muddled through the passage of time that no solid date of birth or death is evident to modern researchers.The story always begins the same way. Edward Mordake is said be have been heir to one of the noblest families in England.He was considered a bright and charming man – a scholar, a musician and a young man in possession of profound grace. He was said to be quite handsome when viewed from the front – yet, on the back of his head there was a second face, twisted and evil.

It is also said that his second face even though it could not speak it could laugh or cry and whispered things to him at night

In some versions of the story, the second face of Edward Mordrake is a beautiful girl.This is an impossibility as all parasitic twins are of the same sex. Often it was said that it possessed its own intelligence and was quite malignant in its intentions.It has been said that the eyes would follow spectators and its lips would ‘gibber’ relentlessly and silently. According to legend it would smile and sneer as Edward Mordrake wept over his condition.While no voice was ever audible, Edward Mordrake swore that often he would be kept awake by the hateful whispers of his ‘evil twin’.

Edward committed suicide when he was 23 whitch is understandable because if you had a second head that whispered to you at night i am sure you would be miserable too

So could this story actually be true and to the doctors on this site is this a medical impossibility ?
Poor edward
wikipidia

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Hmm. So this is where Rowling got the idea in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone?

Given the various musculature and physiology involved, I'm not aware of any natural way for this to be true - but there may be many unnatural things in this world I suppose.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This was a fascinating story. Thank you for bringing it to my (our) attention.

Here is a pic of what this dude might have looked like (from your link)

new topics

join