It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't stop rubbing myself!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Rub them intentionally, then dont rub them intentionally. Emphasis is on "intentional", because what you are doing is not intentional. Repeat this exercise over a few days and it should disappear. Good luck.

This is actually the way to reprogram your whole mind.
Mind control can't work against your intention.
Hermetics teaches that the magician does everything with intention.
Wake up, don't automatically leave the bed, decide to move your legs decide to get up.

Do everything on purpose. This is a powerful idea, that most people don't think about, because most people are creatures of habit.

I stopped smoking by only smoking when I decided to, not when I had an urge to. My hand would often touch my pants pocket to find my pack. I couldn't smoke if this happened. Only when I decided to without any mental programs running.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
this wasnt what i expected to find when i did that google search

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

There are a few brain problems that can cause this also such as
www.bidmc.org...

Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease may include:
Shakes or tremors
Usually occurs at rest, may disappear while you are purposely moving
Usually absent during sleep
May worsen when you’re under emotional stress
May take the form of “pill rolling” (a rubbing movement of the index finger and thumb)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Okay. Read all the responses. Good advice in there.

I used to have a habit where I snapped three fingers on my left hand. (I am left-handed). Got to be irritating, even to me. Quitting smoking made it worse, so whenever I felt the compulsion to do the snapping, I would instead try to train my right hand to do it.

You might try that -- where you're left-hand rubbing, try shifting your attention to your right hand. It's possible that in the process, you might just loose the 'obsessive' aspect of the whole behavior.

Good luck!~

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Bloody hell! I've a few of those symptoms! Last year I had an issue with a strange stutter... Less so now...

I think a persistent trip to the docs may be in order, rather safe than sorry as they say!

Thanks for that,

Also thanks to skyfloating and the poster at the top of thos page... I have used that technique to control my smoking habits in the past, I didn't think of utilising it for this...
edit on 27-5-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Meh...I know "Sinny" is a girl but I thought you the OP was not. No biggie the same thing I said apply...and I hope you get over this I know the feeling.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Hi Sinny,

Awesome avatar

I do a similar type of thing, I think it might be a slight OCD thing. Also left hand... maybe coz I smoke with my right?

Umm, so when I'm holding my boyfriends hand, I can't stop either tapping a beat on his hand, or I move all my fingers, one after the other, from pinky to index finger (like tapping on a counter). I can't stop- it sucks, and he's always pulling his hand away because it's irritating. I can understand.

I don't only do it when I hold his hand, I do it all the time. The worst is when I notice it and then I can't stop.

I'm always counting rows of products in a store, or counting how many times I stir a cup of coffee... as long as it's an even number, it's fine.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

You seriously need a mint

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join