It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your truth that you rely on? Have you ever experienced a personal paradigm shift in your lif

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
I think most people have some core beliefs (truths) that are unmoved for most of their lives. They are comfortable living in that paradigm. But what happens when the sky falls, and one has to admit that his/her personal truth was just an assumption. Has it happened to you?

Since the death of my grandmother I've been contemplating the concept of the soul. I did believe in it, but have come to the conclusion that all that exists is matter, and unconscious energy. (I want to mention "unconscious energy" because I don't believe that thermodynamic laws, regarding the conservation of energy, apply to this topic.)
edit on 25-5-2012 by AllIsOne because: (no reason given)

You believe there is 'unconscious energy' and matter, and that is all??
So how are you reading this? Surely you must be conscious to be reading. There must be consciousness before anything can be known.
edit on 27-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yes, I'm conscious (I think). Science has yet to define what that really means. But it's the brain that generates the phenomenon. Without the complex human brain (matter) there is no consciousness me thinks. I don't believe in ghosts.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Truth is the only thing that exists. Lies are illusions of the mind and it spreads to others through language, but in reality, there is only truth.

Everything has truth.

The truth of water is wetness.
The truth of a flower is to grow.
The truth of the land is to fertilize.
The truth of the wind is to blow.

Each person has truth.
I have truth and you have truth.
Evil is manipulating truth.
Forcing a person to do something that they do not want to do is evil because it manipulates their truth.

This is also why manipulation of the weather and natural laws (microwave, and artificial ways of doing things) usually end up with unhealthy results, because it is manipulating truth.

This is the truth that I rely on and absolutely know as 100% fact.

Now I BELIEVE that truth is nature, essence, being, reality, and spirit.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Humans have genetically manipulated i.e. flowers and dogs for a long time. You see no beauty there?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

That is different because it is something that is additional, bringing two animals together to create another type is OK, unless they destroyed the originals, then that is very bad, whether people agree or not... What I mean by manipulating of truth is forcing something to happen such as, forcing a horse to ride you to places when it doesn't want to, or forcing a person to do something that they don't want to do.

To create more forms of life, and even new forms (that work with truth/nature and not destroy it!) is ok...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ah, I see. Thanks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join