It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A stunningly MAJOR change on the horizon.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Watching cadets train in a maritime simulator for 21 years now, to watch the transition of how the youth thinks and proceeds from the Macintosh 512KE days to the smartphone days, I am very concerned.

As a technological immigrant myself, brought in from the vacuum tube days to today, I think very differently from today's technological natives. Those born encased by surreal CG very difficult to discern apart from video of reality.

It is in these technological natives in their late teens and very early 20's that I already see where the world is headed. Just wait until this next level of technological natives grows up. Extremes distances between the poles of right and wrong, absolutes and relative realities. There will be extreme good. There will be devastating bad.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
If our technology gets that advanced, we will also probably have technology advanced enough to integrate computers with our brains and therefor download all the knowledge we need. School will be useless in the world you invision as well.

I was going to say the same thing.

In the future we will just download information into our brains. When we get to that point I suspect that this ability will only be available to people the one world government decides aren't a threat to society. There would be some kind of psychology/personality test, etc. and since knowledge is power, only a special select group of people would be chosen. Maybe a lower form of basic education would be made available to the rest of the population?

But I DO see maybe 1 million humans being chosen for the mega-download of ultimate knowledge to help humanity continue progressing, inventing, evolving, and solving problems.
They could be called The Council of Higher Intelligence (TCHI).

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by hawkiye
Any society where government distributes the wealth sounds like hell to me... I do see a leap forward coming however needless to say I do not see it playing out the way you do.

I'm not saying the government is going to distribute the wealth. I'm just saying the government will and does control it. They make money. They decide what you have to do to get it.

Still sounds like hell to me. Why in the world would you think government should control the wealth? Have you looked at thier track record? They end up stealing the wealth acting as agents for banksters and financiers. Government is notoriously incompetent and corrupt. I don't understand why people have so much faith in government considering the mess they have gotten us in. They screw everything up and have led us to the brink of economic disaster. They could screw up a chrome ball with a piece of cotton.

I see leaps forward in technology reducing the need for government and helping to facilitate more freedom.

Most things people attribute to government are done by society. Government deciding what you would have to do to get money is for all practical purposes distributing the wealth. Its none of their damn business what i choose to do as long as i am not harming anyone! Them having control of the wealth is just insanity. They are power hungry fools who know nothing about economics and monetary policy that is why we are in this mess. Technology will not magically change that. They should have nothing to do with money their only purpose should be common defense period! Government intervention into the economy and monetary system always ends in disaster!
edit on 27-5-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Not with all these jealous, greedy, moneymongering "nice" colleagues and "loving" covetous cowworkers " that you have to live with everyday of your life. After a greuling "another day-another A" in high school, I stayed in graduate schools of 4 universities being paid $200/month from 1961 to 1982 and I was unable to land a job with my Ph. D. degree in Chemistry since all my mentors had died and I decided to sell my thesis as a book on the open market.instead of ketting University Microfilms in Ann Arbor , MI . The last Mentor hated me and thought that since I went to the Costa Del Sol in Spain -I was independently rich and therefore did not need a job. So he secretly gave me bad recommendations without telling me. I had to drop him from my resume. Prospective employers said that I did not publish, when Mcgraw - Hill was deciding to go ahead with my book. I read of a similar case of a graduate student in Geology who died of starvation in the desert, because of jealous peers and professors. Don't go to graduate school or you will be used by perverted professors and bosses. I went back home and lived out the rest of my "working " life at home with my mother and -almost seventy years old with numerous health conditions and disorders . I never worked a day of my life for an employer or school or university.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Education, especially higher education, without fees, is a wonderful thing, to do. However, the best time is that spent, with your family, teaching your children, gardening together, and doing the work that needs to be done with your children and its the best investment to a sound sane and safe society you can ever make. I consider anything else, beyond co-opting food, and housing, and medical to be just fringe for the real job here on earth is family and children. Education is a wonderful plus but they wouldn't be getting reams of full time students nor should they, and they shouldn't be currently getting reams of full time workers either, for they have families.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join