It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If not OWS then what?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Text
Bungling anarchist attacks Nike store during Occupy protest on May Day... wearing Nike sneakers
Teamed the footwear with neon pink headband and lavender shirt for an anti-capitalist assault in Seattle

edit on 3-5-2012 by redneck13 because: nnnnnnnnn

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seberhar

Acutally what a lot of people got out of OWS was this

1. a bunch of self entitled children complaining about college loans
2. uncontrolled anarchy in the camps where people got raped and murdered.
3. HIGH levels or urine and feces where it wasn't suppose to be.
4. litter.
5. Costing cities millions of dollars in man power, overtime and cleanup.
6. Demonizing those who protect us.

that's what I got out of it... Makes me fear the generation of 18-24 year olds...

They are scary and out of control
edit on 4-5-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

I guess we see what we want to see...

I went to a number of OWS gatherings and saw none of what you described. I made new and very close friends and had a great time. I also went to some TPM meetings and heard nothing but whining and negativity.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!!

Just to clarify...
Any and all posts about drug usage will be removed.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Yep we see what we see..

I also got asked everyday when I walked by one of these shanty towns... "do you have any change"

not by homeless people... But by the OWSers

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I agree.

We all see different things at different rallies. As a centrist I visit both left and right rallies, and I too have been asked for money at OWS rallies. However, I've also been asked for donations at Tea Party rallies.
What's the difference? A handout is a handout.

I will say this though; while visiting a Tea Party Rally back in '08 I was asked to join a Neo-Nazi group. I was legitimately shocked by the proposition, and obviously I turned them down. Fascism has always been a little right-wingy for me.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I apologize for taking this thread off topic.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I don't really care for either to be honest... I've seen the hypocrisy on both sides...

However the thing I noticed about the two and the differences

the tea party rallies are always clean and quiet. and the police don't mind them there... Also they respect military personnel..

Both parties have been infiltrated... But I look at it this way... with the tea parties, it was a right sided event... well theres more liberal media they could have spun it a lot harder.... Somehow OWS became evil so fast why wasn't the media on their side?

Also, the infiltrators got caught and admitted it in regards to the tea party

OWS doesnt seem to care about the infiltrators (if they are even there)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

That could be because the police are, by general majority, Republican. So you've got a group of people with similar, if not the same, ideology as the cops, and you've got a group with conflicting ideals. Which one are the cops likely to give a hard time to?

There's already been reports of Cops planting drugs, sending in degenerates to brew trouble, as well as reports of Cops themselves sporting hoodies and faux fighting the police to up the tension level.

Like you, I don't really condone either group. Both are missing the point, and both are powerless to elicit change. However, I will hand it to OWS. While their tactics are a bit aimless, they have managed to envoke a bit of fear, even if just a little, from the puppet masters above the stage. Hence the direct and nearly obvious attempts to paint OWS as something criminal. If so much has been faked against OWS, then how much of what has been claimed is real?

The thing that people on the left, right, and even those in the middle need to remember is this;

There are people losing their rights, and there are people stealing other people's rights. The Republicans think it's the government, the Democrats think it's the banks. The truth is, it's both, and neither will change as long as the other is still in power. America is currently fighting a hydra. To kill this beast, we're going to have to remove all the heads and burn the stumps. Otherwise nothing will ever change.

Let's do that, then we'll worry about how government or business should function. Worrying about it now is a bit fruitless.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
wizbangblog.com... /2012/05/06/bridge-bombers-name-appears-on-occupy-cleveland-bldg-lease-occupiers-mad-at-fbi-instead/

Text
Bridge Bomber’s Name Appears on Occupy Cleveland Bldg. Lease, Occupiers Mad at FBI Instead

May 6, 2012 | Filed under #Occupy,Barack Obama,corruption,Culture Of Corruption,Democrats,Douchebag Of The Day,Economics,Justice,Liberals,Media,Occupy Protest,Society | Posted by Warner Todd Huston

In another story that should surprise no one, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reveals that the name of one of the Ohio bridge bombers nabbed by the FBI is so closely involved with Occupy Cleveland that his name appears on the lease of the rented warehouse they use for a headquarters. Instead of being ashamed, though, the Occupiers are mad at the FBI, apparently.

When stories about the late April arrest of five Ohio men who had formed a plot to bomb some key bridges in Ohio first surfaced, the Old Media called them merely “anarchists.”

It wasn’t long, though, before the New Media began to find out that they weren’t just any amorphous “anarchists,” but members of the Occupy Wall Street movement in Cleveland (Occupy Cleveland). No Old Media outlets reported this in the beginning despite how easy it was to find the facts.

OWSers initially denied this claim saying it was just a smear job on them but now the newspaper in Cleveland finds that one of the accused, Anthony Hayne, 35, signed the lease of the building the Occupiers use for an HQ.

No denying it now, eh OWSers?

The reaction of the OWSers, though, needs to be examined. The CPD notes that instead of being furious at their own member for his desire to kill people and indulge wanton destruction they were mad at the FBI and more worried about bad publicity.

Apparently having murderous bomber wannabes in their midst wasn’t that big a deal.

The paper notes that in a video of an OWS meeting one OWSer says, “We have a person facing terrorism charges on the lease of our warehouse. If this gets into the media, it would be a disaster.”

I guess having the terrorist among you isn’t as bad as the bad publicity when people find out? Notice no condemnation of the terrorist, there.

Another OWSer notes that they are trying send it all down the memory hole and have the landlord erase the accused’s name from the lease.

Another seems to think it is important that even though Hayne’s name is on the lease he never had the rent money in his possession. Why this makes any difference or absolves them from his membership is beyond me.

But the most telling part of the video was this…

During the general assembly meeting, one leader asked the group, “Is it just me? Aren’t you uncomfortable living in a warehouse where a guy has been arrested for terrorism? I don’t want to live in a place and have the FBI show up.”

If this isn’t hilarious! Instead of being ashamed that a would-be killer was one of their central members, they are disgusted that the FBI had once come to their warehouse HQ! They are more comfortable with a domestic terrorist being among them than they are with having the FBI around!

That’s pretty telling about what sort of people make up the Occupy movement.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

A message to OWS things could always be worse.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Honestly divulge: This is a c/p from another post I placed on a similar topic, but I feel applies to this one as well, and saves me the time of retyping it. I apologize if this is an inappropriate action, or if anyone is having to read this twice. Didn't mean to take your time like that, honest.

I don't think the occupy movement bothers the nwo to be quite honest. You really want to get these bastards where it hurts, you need to hit em in a place that stings, their wallet. Stop the purchase of the materials that keep these guys on top. Take the power away by taking the money away. It's a near impossible goal, but the only real one that these guys will hear. You can hippie protest em all you want, but as long as they're making those record profits off oil, they'll just laugh all the way to the bank they built with your money while you camp out on their lawn.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
lol, Tea-Party

Both the same (at least originally until the tea-party was high-jacked for political purposes), the government has been using the media in an effort to divide the original tea-party idea (not the current tea-party) and OWS in order to avoid a unity of the two which would be devastating to the corruption in this country.

Sadly it worked, and not the original idea of the tea-party is dead, and the political tea-party is a group of men and women who also just wish to force their ideologies on us, which is no freedom at all.

How about we call the group SFF, or STANDING FOR FREEDOM

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Text
Senate candidate who ousted Lugar credits Tea Party, as Dems pounce

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 10-5-2012 by redneck13 because: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<< 2  3  4   >>

join