It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs became extinct 'due to laying eggs'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Dinosaurs laying eggs caused their mass extinction millions of years ago, scientists have said, while live birthing mammals went on to thrive.

(please follow the link to the original article)
edit on 29-4-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

I don't think this is a very good theory. They survived laying eggs for millions (about 165 million we think) of years.
edit on 11/27/10 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

I don't think this is a very good theory. They survived laying eggs for millions (about 165 million we think) of years.

thanks for your opinion, I'm with you actually, I'm not convinced. there has to be a more feasible reason. just thought id throw this out there and see what comes of it ..

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666

Originally posted by SpearMint

thanks for your opinion, I'm with you actually, I'm not convinced. there has to be a more feasible reason. just thought id throw this out there and see what comes of it ..

Although, I think them laying eggs could have had something to do with their extinction.

As you probably know, the temperature of a reptile egg (at least some reptiles, maybe all, I don't know) determines the sex of the baby reptile inside, the temperature difference is only a few degrees centigrade. When the meteor hit earth about 65 million years ago, the sunlight would have been blocked out by the ash, dirt and whatever else is thrown up in to the atmosphere by the massive impact, causing the earth's temperature to cool dramatically. This could affect the gender of the dinosaur eggs, causing them to be mainly one gender ande unable to reproduce.

new topics

top topics

join