It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Samaritan physically assaulted, stomped by angry Mob shouting "Trayvon"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

- good samaritan attacked, trampled by angry mob screaming, stomped on by violent crowd

- robber released from prison same day, freed by angry mob and assisted to flee crime scene

The name of Trayvon Martin was invoked again during an attack in Gainesville on Wednesday night by a group that police say stomped on a white man who was scuffling with a black robbery suspect on the Bo Diddley Community Plaza. The suspect, Carl Milton Babb, 50, had been released from prison earlier in the day after serving more than two years in prison for the same crime he is accused of committing Wednesday -- snatching a purse from a woman near the downtown plaza. According to a Gainesville Police Department arrest report, Babb approached a woman eating dinner at the Lunchbox on the plaza at about 8:50 p.m. and asked her for a light. When she said she didn't have one, Babb took off with her purse, which held her $500 cell phone, according to the report. The woman's dinner companion and another person took off after Babb. When her friend caught up with him, Babb punched him in the face and grabbed his hair, but he was able to keep Babb pinned down, according to the report. The scene attracted a crowd, and a number of people on the plaza approached Babb and the Good Samaritan, who tried to explain that Babb had just stolen his friend's purse. But they either didn't hear him or didn't care, as they circled in on the pair. GPD spokeswoman Cpl. Angelina Valuri said some members of the crowd shouted “Trayvon” and at least three of them began stomping on the hands of the woman's friend to force him to let go of Babb.
Source

no, the police did not arrive on the scene chanting "Zimmerman"

edit on 25-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: Added Source link

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
i read that today , how can you beat someone with a can of paint lol afew of them were hitting him with paint tins ??? whats that about

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
i think i've lost track, is it the same guy?

the pain cans attack might be another incident.

they're popping up everywhere - angry mob beat-downs and they are preying on the 'good guys' now ie samaritans trying to STOP a crime become the victim of the angry m

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
And here we go.....

I'm not surprised at all. These sort of people seem to want to always make things about race, when in fact it isn't. They go about spouting off all sorts of hatred and practice it themselves. Despicable.

And as for the suspect being "down on his luck"...doesn't excuse him from trying to mug someone. Nor does the tragic death of a young man excuse a group of people from a racially-charged beatdown of someone trying to stop a criminal.

- H

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This is getting entirely out of hand. Perhaps hearing Rodney King coming out in the riots and asking 'Can;t we all just get along' sounds pretty corny to look back on but I believe it DID calm things somewhat at the time. Obama, Sharpton and Jackson can man up and show some responsibility toward calming the fire they helped stoke. People could really start getting killed here. How long before the radicals on the OTHER side start picking these fights back??

Hatfield and McCoys anyone? on..a full national scale. Oh...We need this like we need world war III.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
yep it might be another one , i read a mob of 20+ black men shouting trayvon beat a white dude at the front of his house jumping on him. some had paint tins so says his sister, he might have been painting his house or something i will try and find it

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
yeah that was the guy on his own porch... imaging sitting in one's own house and then 20 dudes jump your fence and gang bang almost to death

they also used BRASS KNUCKLES which indicate pre-meditation - as well as not being able to fight 'like a man'

20 to one, and still needed all those weapons... what losers!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Obama, Sharpton, Jackson...they won't try to repair the situation, because its what they want.

No offense meant, but many, MANY modern black people want race wars to be the norm, because nowadays its the blacks that are on top of the pile on the race subject...whites are too afraid to treat other races like normal people and have to gently tiptoe around everything for fear of getting branded a racist or hatemonger.

Personally, I just treat everyone on the level that they prove themselves worthy of being treated...and the people mobbing innocent people in the streets are at the bottom of the barrel.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spocksbuttbaby

that was another story out of Alabama.. nothing to do with this case, it happened in Florida.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This is insane! So, did they just see a white man on top of a black man and go crazy with out knowing what happened?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Is this odd? There are 3 separate threads right now about three different white men being beaten by black mobs?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BrittanyLea

Yeah... I know... It's unnerving. They're all legit stories and all different but timely. Some of the more militant and radical people on the New Black Panther side have been saying something was coming and it would start real soon. I've blown it off like every other blow hard threat some idiot makes on TV....but if this pattern continues, I'll start really thinking hard about connections to those who predicted it.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
why are some of u posters mentioning jesse al and any other civil rights activist regarding this matter; it just sullies your garments and the persons you speak of since they were not part of the crime. willful ignorance of bigotry.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrittanyLea
Is this odd? There are 3 separate threads right now about three different white men being beaten by black mobs?

hmm, that would make sense if there's a pattern of violence sweeping the nation - i wonder why are 'white men' being targetted?

or, MSM making it look that way.

which one is, it, and how can we tell?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

The reference as nothing to do with suggesting they committed these crimes. However, like politicians but with a particularly explosive routine they run for the cameras, they do quite a bit to inflame a situation and this Florida shooting has the extremes from both the Black and White sides looking hard at each other with blood in their eyes.

Any public official at this point..or public figure..who isn't ACTIVELY trying to calm this whole situation IS part of the problem. Period. In my view.

I wouldn't have said that before today...but even if this Apple bees one wasn't related to the Martin shooting in Florida, the other two talked about and reported today absolutely were. The yelling confirmed it for all to hear.

The radical Whites are making much the same threats...and I'll be JUST as FAST to condemn them and call for their arrest and prosecution if THEY do anything more than verbalize and use that first amendment. Although, right now, with passions getting innocent people beaten in the street, they can just cork it for awhile too. Everyone...really..everyone in front of the Cameras needs to help bring this down before deaths start.

This ain't cool or GOOD for ANYONE.

edit on 25-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

That's the problem. I guess we can't. Although many of these sources are just local news stations. Haven't seen anything from CNN of Fox.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

the beauty of english is in the conveyance of thought. use your words to rebut what you will. mentioning civil rights activist shows where your ignorance comes and goes.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree. They could do something to calm the waters yet they choose not to. Nothing noble or courageous about that.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
why are some of u posters mentioning jesse al and any other civil rights activist regarding this matter; it just sullies your garments and the persons you speak of since they were not part of the crime. willful ignorance of bigotry.

The biggest reason is they are perceived as the leaders of the black community. They need to call for peace and tolerance, and advocate against these crimes, and to my knowledge, they have not.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Thread temporarily closed for review

join