It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quadrapedal Individual Mobility Unit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Looks like grunts have a way of saving their feet thanks to an experimental new method of mobility being used by infantry in Iraq:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I think it is due to the new Environmental Regulations For Troops Abroad

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
wonder if we will see the 7th cavalery re-equipping

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Why use a Donkey or Mule (Im not sure which that is)when you can use a camel. Camels are designed for that area of the world.

Plus camel milk is so much better then cows milk.Camel's milk is far more nutritious then cows milk and can last up to 3 months in the refrigerator.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Why use a Donkey or Mule (Im not sure which that is)when you can use a camel. Camels are designed for that area of the world.

Camels are not that good, because when they dont want to walk, they simply sit down and you have no chance to force them to continue.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I didnt know that camels were that difficult to work. Perhaps they should change that old saying stubborn as a mule to stubborn as a camel.
I would think any problems with motivation of camels is out weighed by the ideal design of the camel for the desert enviroment.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think it depends on how well you know the animal.

The US military still has a pack mule school, or it did when I was in. It's training for using mules at very high altitudes where helicopter resupply isn't available.

Camels are very dependable if used right. They are a really amazing breed of animal.

top topics

join