It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton T Friedman scamming UFO footage as Chinese Lanterns?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I`ve just come across (part 2 of 2) on a video on YouTube entitled

The White Mountain Abduction Documentary

Whilst posing in an alleged abduction location, ..part 2 ... Friedman and witness

begin to notice by timing? UFO`s.. that look like Chinese lanterns emerging

in the background and then end the footage and proceed to analyse the alleged

strange UFO lights at a later time to seemingly add effect to the documentary.

I pose the question to ATS. Please forgive me for not providing a video link.

edit on 9-4-2012 by deprogrammer because: title edit

edit on April 9th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

Could you say that once more in English, please?

Also, could you provide a link to the youtube video?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Stanton Friedman makes a living from books , documentaries and lectures so he has a vested interest in trying to make us believe in UFO's.

Why do so many UFO 'researchers' have beards?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Here is the link ..Sorry not to embed the video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Stanton Friedman makes a living from books , documentaries and lectures so he has a vested interest in trying to make us believe in UFO's.

Both of these statements must be viewed as some sort of oblique character assasination. I'll attempt to answer that being an abductee and having tried to make a few bucks in the process.

1. A common suggestion given to anyone young or old is to do the kind of work you love (or are connected to).
Friedman likes to work with the UFO topic. We assume he, like many of us, revels in trying to solve the long mysteries of the whole shebang. You should be so lucky as to love your work or at least like it enough for it to be your livelihood. He, BTW, is not getting exactly rich in the process.

As for the beard--a dim-witted comment that you designed to throw dirt without getting your hands soiled-- Stanton is a scientist, and scienctist of his age group tend to favor beards. Where is the problem except in your preception/preconception?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
stanton friedman worked for project blue book

Friedman: In 1958 while working as a young nuclear physicist for the ... He had been head of Project Blue Book in the early 1950s, and the USAF was co ...

Those were critical days in US saucer development of Teslaships.
The US had only drawings from Germany and Russia got hardware and workers and
scientists. The biggest fuss over any German scientists in the US was apparently von Braun
and so Teslaship researcher Lyne puts von Braun as head of saucer development even though
we are said he developed the Redstone missile.

So Stanton had to put down saucer evidence if that was the policy, perhaps the Russians read
between the lines until an international agreement was reached not to use Tesla technology
for free energy flying machines. This perhaps around 1955 when Russia went to launching
sputniks so the US had a missile gap to spend on after the saucer gap.

So now Stanton tries hard to say we have UFO saucers.
Too bad there are more agents and lower paid denying the Teslaships.
Lyne went so far as to trace the New Mexico presence of von Braun before WWII to bring back
Teslaship information to Hitler. Looks like the Foos were no flukes but real live Teslaships.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

I pose the question to ATS.

The question?
Here is an answer, if you have a question:
Yes that was a real UFO on que for the video.

So I say why not help out a video that promotes the alien that is backed
by funding as noted for 50 years or more. They won't stop now.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Huh?
You're claiming that Friedman worked for project Blue Book?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Stanton did not work for project blue book. The quote you took out of context came from this interview in which Stanton was speaking about an Airforce individual.

ufos.about.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Claims by anyone, skeptic or believer, should be evaluated based on merit. The possible motivation behind those claims should not be ignored, but neither should they be over-emphasized.

How many UFO 'skeptics' also have books to sell, speeches to give, magazine articles to write, webpage hits to accumulate, and so on? Plenty. Do you know how Michael Shermer, for example, makes his living? Where would you bet that most of his income has come from over the last 5 years? Is he really free to say, without jeopardizing his economic well-being, something like "wow, some of these UFO radar-visual cases are actually very compelling, so maybe this whole UFO thing isn't nonsense after all...."? No, he's not REALLY free to say that. He's got an audience to serve, just like Friedman. (And notice that he very rarely speaks of specific cases or of the official history of the topic. There's a reason....)

And that's all before we even get to the taboo aspects of the UFO phenomenon, its effects on academic and scientific freedom, etc...

To me, it's simple: an individual should evaluate the UFO topic based on the evidence, nothing more, only after an honest self-assessment and the jettisoning of any unfounded assumptions. Now, yes, some people are more free to engage the topic honestly than are others, but "vested interests" do not necessarily preclude objective evaluation.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TeaAndStrumpets

No i disagree, a prime factor in any investigation of a claim or story is motive. Any criminal investigator will tell you that money is a very powerful motive. When its is a persons sole source of income you have to be especially suspicious.

Unlike some of the famous UFO researcher i have a feeling that Mr Friedman may be genuinely interested in the subject but because he has made it his living he is not adverse to playing up certain events just like the one in the OP's video which is almost certainly Chinese lanterns.

99% of all UFO cases are misidentification or hoax's and the other 1% just cant be proved either way (which does not make them alien craft. It just means we cant identify them). A credible UFO researcher would spend most of his time trying to expose this 99% instead of trying to tell us they might be aliens. But no one is going to pay money to listen about all the UFO sightings that turn out to be explainable objects.

edit on 10-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I'm with this. Come on Stanton and a few other of you other UFO guys, get the shaver out.

Originally posted by Aliensun
Both of these statements must be viewed as some sort of oblique character assasination.

Hahaha! I don't think "He has a beard." is really going to work out that well when it comes to character assassination.

edit on 10-4-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Why does he have a beard? I will tell you why, because beards are badass.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhioUFOHunter
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Stanton did not work for project blue book. The quote you took out of context came from this interview in which Stanton was speaking about an Airforce individual.

ufos.about.com...

Lousy Google quotes. Perhaps he took over from Project Bluebook in a way.
Thats a fact in deed if countering any true investigation and blocking the nature of any ships.
There are some people that worked for Project Bluebook .. J Allen Hynek and Vallee that
should show up in Google.
science dictatorship UFO

See Occult Science Dictatorship listed

They are in there but Stanton didn't make it.

top topics

join