It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was it all a dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I was brought up in a Christian family. We were all from the Assembly of God churches. In fact my great grandfather brought the Assembly of God church to our area of Arkansas in a tent. My entire family has pretty much been in the service of the church.

I say all this to give you an understanding of the mindset in which events might happen to a young person that may be due to the religious upbringing.

In my early teens, around 14 or 15, I was in bed one night. I had not gone to sleep yet as I always had a hard time shutting down my mind to rest. Usually it took about an hour of tossing and turning trying not to think of anything so I could rest. That always made me think of something else.

Finally I went to sleep. I began to dream and the dream starts off nice enough and was in color. I remember walking through a field of yellow flowers. In the middle of the field was a well made of rock with the little awning over the top and a bucket with rope hanging from a cross-piece.

For some reason the well intrigued me and I went up to it for a closer look. As I got to the well I looked over the side and somehow slipped and fell. As I was falling I do not remember any fear associated with the fall. As I was looking down I noticed a light at the bottom of the well. As I got closer to the bottom the light grew larger and finally I could see that the bottom of the well was my bedroom.

I continued to fall and finally I would wake up but when awake I was suspended above the bed and would fall to the bed. I had this dream almost every night for about three weeks and finally it went away.

I have had 3 other encounters with the strange or macabre in my life but I think for the others I will start another thread. I don't want to make this too long.

I really would like for some to post what they think the dream was. Was it real? Did I really fall? Was I sleeping and only thought I was suspended above the bed?

I am 56 years old now and have thought about this and the other things that happened to me for a long time. You will not hurt my feelings by anything you post. I just want to know what you think might have happened to a young boy in the past.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
As a straight up dream interpretation i would say the well represents something you were searching for and the fall is the passage of learning. The landing in your bed part is the relation of your self with your higher SELF in regards to the "quest' of understanding. ie. you fall into yourself after realizing that you are the only one capable of understanding what you were searching for and you are the only one that can answer your questions.

Believe it or not almost everyone has dreams of falling into their own bed.

www.dreamdictionary.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Believe it or not almost everyone has dreams of falling into their own bed.

Wow. I did not know that. Thanks for the reply.
2nd

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I went to bed one night, as a child of god, a single number of many in a world that revolved around christ.

I woke up one day, as a demon satanic soul, wearing an iron maiden t-shirt and black jeans.

That is all I needed to know that church is a load of righteous crap self fulfilled by the ego of it's own flock.

Inonime Aquaman.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I remember reading about alien abductions years ago, and one of the more common experiences among 'abductees' was being taken to a place/planet where there were fields of yellow flowers.

Your story jogged my memory about that. Not saying I believe in alien abductions, just reading that about them.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I remember reading about alien abductions years ago, and one of the more common experiences among 'abductees' was being taken to a place/planet where there were fields of yellow flowers. Your story jogged my memory about that. Not saying I believe in alien abductions, just reading that about them.

The other things that happened to me in life between the ages of 14 to 20 were actually visitations by either ET, Angels, Demons or something along those lines. I didn't want to go into those things just yet.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I remember reading about alien abductions years ago, and one of the more common experiences among 'abductees' was being taken to a place/planet where there were fields of yellow flowers. Your story jogged my memory about that. Not saying I believe in alien abductions, just reading that about them.

The other things that happened to me in life between the ages of 14 to 20 were actually visitations by either ET, Angels, Demons or something along those lines. I didn't want to go into those things just yet.

Ooh.. the plot thickens.

May as well spill it. I've had "dreams" of aliens also, and my father has a several-hour missing time incident from when he was a young man.

edit on 30-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
After the dream incident I was in bed, once again, having trouble going to sleep. I noticed something glowing out the corner of my left eye (I was laying on my back in bed). A glowing figure came through the wall (outside wall) and stood at the bottom of my bed.

The figure was, to me anyways, about 6' to 7' tall. You could tell that it was human shaped, two legs, arms and one head. I couldn't make out any features because of the glow. I do know that I was not asleep as the figure reached down and grabbed my ankles. At that point I finally found my voice and screamed as loud as I could. The figure released me and walked back through the wall. My parents came in and I told them what happened and they laughed and said I had a nightmare. The next day my ankles hurt and I had bruises on both of them. I never showed my parents.

When I was about 17 I was in bed again (guess I stay in bed alot
) still awake when two creatures, I have always thought of them as cherubic because of their size not their looks or demeanor, appeared out of thin air on either side of me in my bed. These creatures were grotesque to look at. I could not yell because I was so terrified. Both creatures grabbed my stomach and began to squeeze extremely hard causing considerable pain. One of the creatures looked at me and said "We came in here like this" and the other creature looked at me and said "and we can leave the same way". At this point both creatures disappeared.

When I was probably 20 I had a girlfriend, my wife now, who came over on a Friday as we were going to go out that night. I also had a roommate that lived with me that was older, probably 30 or so.

Since it was still a little early we decided to rest for a while before getting ready. My girlfriend and I went to my room and my friend went to his. I was the first person to wake up and I went into the living room to watch a little television when I noticed that the 6 million dollar man was on. This was strange as he only came on on Sunday nights.

I looked outside and there were a couple of newspapers in front of the door. One was for Saturday and the other was for Sunday. I was actually around 7:00 PM on Sunday night. I woke everyone up and filled them in on what happened. We were all scared at first trying to figure out what had happened. We finally decided that there had to have been a gas leak or something and we all just passed out from Friday afternoon till Sunday night. To this day I still don't really know what happened.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think you know it wasn't a dream. You have been attacked by demons/fallen angels.

I have had this type of attack, some of which I haven't yet accessed nor do I choose to. I have seen my scars that fade away and I have scars that I see every day. I have even lost foetuses.

Just think about this; Jesus walked on water-think how He did that. Now think that we can do what He did and more.
Those demons were assigned to you, to stop you realising what power there is in the Name of Jesus.
Those demons were scared of you but their assignment was to make you scared of them. I realised this quite early on.
Now they are scared of me. I have dreams now, where I have got my hands around their skinny necks and I am squeezing.

Put on the Armour of God, learn the technique of white light shield around you, and the technique of thinking of someone you love and breathing the Name of God=Yehovah and this is a powerful weapon against these evil ones.

We are so close to going home and the demons know that. They have been scaring people who, if they knew what they could do, could really make a postive difference to this world.

I have physically met angels too and only today seen a miracle, so keep the faith in Jesus and IMO aliens are demons of old, so do many UFOlogists.

I have been asking for my Guardian angels to come into our dreams lately, as we were being attacked in them.
Now we have more instructive dreams inside of nightmares.
Ask and Believe.
peace

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
One thing to keep in mind when recalling dreams is that memory is as much perception translation as initial perception is. This means that each time you recall something, it's actively translated from the residual data that exists from the last time you actively perceived that data (also from the previous time you recalled that memory), so, as you can see, memories morph and change ever so slightly regardless of how vivid and concrete those memories seem to be.

Next thing to keep in mind is that Charismatic Christian Denominations have a very virulent streak of high drama and even conspiracy theory laced throughout the people who embrace those versions of Christian belief. Demons and angels and all sorts of supernatural or miraculous occurrences abound within the culture, especially in the south and bible belt areas of the US. This provides a fertile environment for adolescents and teens that are deeply involved or whose families are deeply involved in these communities to have strange experiences, or to interpret situations and experiences as being strange or miraculous. Not the kid's fault. It's just the way the world is when there are miracles happening all around you ever since you began noticing things.

The ET stuff could very well have been your own teenage rebellion against your parents' view of the world, with aliens - instead of angels or demons - being the supernatural forces reaching out and having their way with you (or not, as the case may be). The human mind is extremely powerful, and adjusting perception is the easiest way for the mind to have its way when what it wants is to have its way.

I'm not saying that this is what happened to you, but I would consider it. That specific culture (the Charismatic Evangelical Christian culture) is pretty famous for embracing and promoting all forms of hyper-dramatic interpretations of even the most mundane situations. My younger brother was deep into that culture for years, and everything in his life was some sort of sign and wonder, and he definitely had more than enough encouragement with that way of seeing things by everyone in that community.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sorry do not know enought of lucid dreaming to know. Do you remember if you where paralysed/unable to move when you where above you bed? Maybe you where having a out of body experiance.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
As far a the dream is concerned, when I woke up, I was in the air above the bed and I fell probably 4 feet to the bed.

The other experiences were not dreams. They were not lucid dreams or sleep paralysis or anything such as that. I know for a fact that I had not gone to sleep yet and was still wide awake.

top topics

join