It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flare "still" alight on gas leak platform in North Sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
A flare is still alight on Total's Elgin platform in the North Sea and could hamper efforts to stem the gas leak.

David Hainsworth, health, safety and environment manager for Total, told BBC Newsnight Scotland: "The flare is still alight on the main production platform, however the wind is blowing the gas plume in the opposite direction away from this flare.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

North sea threatens another piper alpha disaster

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 28-3-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typo

edit on 28-3-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Holy Poop batman!
This is saying a mere wind change could blow the rig to smithereens!
Is anyone aboard?
Why wouldnt they extinguish the flare stack?
It looks suspiciously like another diversion from other more pressing problems we are facing right now...
Like TOTALITARIAN RULE.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Holy Poop batman!
This is saying a mere wind change could blow the rig to smithereens!
Is anyone aboard?
Why wouldnt they extinguish the flare stack?
It looks suspiciously like another diversion from other more pressing problems we are facing right now...
Like TOTALITARIAN RULE.

What is a Dictocracy?

Interesting all the recent news coming out of Japan?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Thats exactly what I thought! They want this to go boom. Change of news will get people focusing on ther things other than the financial terrorism going on!

Will it blow? its definately a possibility.

They said "it cant be shut down remotely". Whats more they said on bbc radio 4 that they took a decision not to inform the public. They kept a lid on this for "two days".

Now they have had to come clean about the flare. I think they thought it may blow a couple of days ago, call me a "conspiracy theorist" but I bet some are disappointed it hasn't blown (yet).

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Thats exactly what I thought! They want this to go boom. Change of news will get people focusing on ther things other than the financial terrorism going on!

Who is "They" ? .. the government doesn't own this platform now do they? .. is they referring to the company that owns it? .. if so.. why would THEY want it to blow up? .. THEY would be responsible for it..

Some of the conspiracies I read here just don't make any sense.. anyone care to define "They" .. and then go further to describe how this rig blowing up helps "Them" .. I just can't see how.. it will cost the company that owns it a FORTUNE and be horrible for PR ..

Care to work out the motive and the players and try to get it to make a little sense? because as it stands it sounds like a silly, poorly thought out suggestion to make.
edit on 3/28/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I found the scary part was that this is a well that has already been shut down.

How many of these other closed well continue to leak into the oceans?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

They being the "international corporation CEOs". The oil industries, the banksters (e.g. Glodmams sachs) etc... Are all in bed together. These people travel in the same bilderberg circles, you know, those who go to events where they worship 40 foot owls and carry out "mock" child sacrifices.

www.infowars.com...

The New World Order. Hope that clears it up

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Lol,
cost money?

Come on, these people already have all the money! They print it as they need it!

And no, I dont have the time to elaborate, but I am long in tbe tooth and have seen so many cover ups and large conspiracies in my time to see things for what they are.

If you want to look into this as you seem interested then dont let me srop you

edit on 28-3-2012 by TheMindWar because: Add info

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Who is "They" ? .. the government doesn't own this platform now do they? .. is they referring to the company that owns it? .. if so.. why would THEY want it to blow up? .. THEY would be responsible for it..

Some of the conspiracies I read here just don't make any sense.. anyone care to define "They" .. and then go further to describe how this rig blowing up helps "Them" .. I just can't see how.. it will cost the company that owns it a FORTUNE and be horrible for PR ..

Care to work out the motive and the players and try to get it to make a little sense? because as it stands it sounds like a silly, poorly thought out suggestion to make.
edit on 3/28/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Here look started you off on investigating
start here!

www.oilandgasuk.co.uk...

Decommision Cost UP TO £30 BILLION. Cheaper to burn it down like piper alpha

As with timing estimates, projections of the overall cost of decommissioning for the UKCS also vary widely, from around £15 billion to £30 billion. Oil & Gas UK regularly re-issues its estimate of this cost which is published in the annual Economic Report.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
already discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

fear mongering this is, check the other thread for some first hand info.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
As long as the greedy people in charge feel they can do a low budget inadequate job, and get away with their fat bonus money, they are gonna go just that, cutting corners, and only doing what needs to be done to last past their involvement.

This is the big problem. The people behind the corporate mask don't get held responsible for their actions.

new topics

top topics

join