It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do?? Bad Situation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Thank you for the replies everyone....some good ideas.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yes, they could stay with me, but they have to go to another city to find a place, unless they can find a house to buy online. I am looking online for them and found a few. My Mother lives down there, and I am going to see if she will go look at them. I am trying to find maybe a mobile home for sale by owner so maybe they can buy cash without dealing with a realtor....so it would be faster.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714
reply to post by smyleegrl

if he declares bankruptcy they will still turn off the utilities tho

Thank you for the info. I did not know.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have gotten some excellent advice so far for them. I'm going to share this with them.....but keep it coming. Especially if anyone knows of any small homes for sale by owner. It can be anywhere....even a mobile home.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You might want to help them look online through realtors for rent to own places. There are many not listed, but calling the real estate agency, will get you info on what they have on file.

That way, they could get into a place with say a first months rent and deposit, then after the sale of their house they could roll the contract over to a purchase of their new place. There are so many mobile homes listed in this category in this economy.

Good luck helping them. They are lucky to have you as a friend.

Des

edit on 27-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Great idea Des! Thank you so much! ((hugs)) You know what they say....."But for the grace of God, there go I".....it could be any of us....
edit on 3/27/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Any chance of a reversed mortgage? Don't know if it would apply here

Check with the local girl and boy scouts or the 4H club or even local high schools. They might be able to help somehow as part of a community service project.

I once served with a Christian ministry called World Changers. We would raise money to help folks in similar situations. Perhaps something similar could help?

Hugs to all...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

That's something I suggested. Thank you so much for the reply. I really think that is a good option for them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join