It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

war of currents - our debut album

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

I play in a progressive/post rock band called Meniscus and we released our debut album last year "war of currents". We're big Nikola Tesla fans so we decided to name the album based on the "war" between Tesla and Edison.

On our first track Room 3327 (another Tesla reference) we first tried to have a sample of Tesla speaking but after a lot of searching and also contacting the Tesla museum we discovered that as far as we know, there are no recordings of Tesla speaking which is incredibly sad.

So, the next best thing was to do some good ole text to speech of one of his speeches...

Another track (Fight Club) features a Gandhi speech which we felt was very important too.

Anyway, if you would like to have a listen, please go to meniscusmusic.bandcamp.com... and you can listen to our tracks for free. If you like what you hear and would like to support us (we're saving for a small European tour in July) you can purchase the tracks individually or the physical cd from there.

It's also available on amazon or itunes too if you want to play it through there.

itunes.apple.com...

www.amazon.com...=sr_shvl_album_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332829340&sr=301-2

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

im digging the first song so far

good work, i have some friends also working on producing an album later this year

one is an amazing female singer who is interested in finding people to work with and feature in songs

another is a rapper

let me know if you'd like to try and contact either of these two
edit on 27-3-2012 by trust_no_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by trust_no_one

Hi!

Cool, glad you like our tunes!

Your friends are quite good singers! I like the first one in particular. I'm not a huge rap fan though but your rapping friend is good at what he does too.

We're not really looking at adding vocals as yet to our music but that could possibly change for the next album. Thanks for the links though!

new topics

join