It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDP may be able to ID two IP's used in attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
"The NDP may be able to identify the source of an outside attack that jammed its online voting system and created delays that plagued voting for the party's leadership, the party's president says.

Rebecca Blaikie told Radio-Canada that the party has the IP addresses suspected in the online attack. An IP address is a number assigned to an internet connection that may be able to point the party to the perpetrator."

For those of you that don't know, the New Democratic Party of Canada is electing a new leader today, through it's convention in Toronto and on the internet.
I've been watching the election all day. It's been excruciatingly slow. Now it seems the company chosen to run the elections internet aspects, (that have been slow at least, and failing at worst) have been DDOS attacked. This caused frozen systems, but the company and the NDP claim that the votes have remained secure, but the attackers were responsible for the freezing.

Things seem to be running fairly smoothly now.
With all the talk of the robocalls conspiracy, I'm interested to know who belongs to these two IP addresses.
source

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

Thanks for posting this, curious to see how this pans out. Just makes me laugh at how much of a joke our democracy is, but we just sit back and let it happen. It`s sad though really...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Im sure it will come back to a few of Harpers buddies

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Say what you want about Canadian politics today, it's more interesting. Worse but interesting.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
Im sure it will come back to a few of Harpers buddies

Sadly your right and just not Harper's buddies bur Harper himself.

new topics

top topics

join