It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pit Bull menaces man in Port Charlotte

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Some of you might know that I am all about dogs especially MINE.
However my wife had this sent to her on Facespace (CIABook).
I normally write off many stories of any dog attacking humans as it is usually user error involved in the attacks.
But this one case, I'd like to point out.
Good Doggie!!
It seems dogs can read people pretty good huh?
This dog saw a problem and used some reasoning to figure out where the problem really was.
To the dog/Pit haters, eat it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Nice story, but still wouldn't bring my 2 year old around one. Here is the quote that I hear all the time, quoted from the comments of that page.

"He is beautiful! Love to hear stories like this. Not all Pit Bulls are dangerous. It all depends on how the owner trains and treats them, just like kids, they can be evil devils, nasty and impolite if the parents don't teach them manners. "

I know from personal experience that this isn't true. I have friends with pits and they are treated awesome. But if you try to step over them or if they think you are hurting their owner they can snap in a second and its scary. They get this weird look in their eyes. Its how they are bred. People must realize this.

Anyways don't want to derail your happy pit bull thread. Thanks for posting
edit on 14-3-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It makes me happy to see an article like this

Pit Bulls are really great dogs. I've even been able to get a few people to change their attitude towards the breed, thanks to Capone here.

Hopefully the dog in the article gets either found by its owners or the woman he saved really adopts him. We all know what will happen if not

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Nice story, but still wouldn't bring my 2 year old around one. Here is the quote that I hear all the time, quoted from the comments of that page.

"He is beautiful! Love to hear stories like this. Not all Pit Bulls are dangerous. It all depends on how the owner trains and treats them, just like kids, they can be evil devils, nasty and impolite if the parents don't teach them manners. "

I know from personal experience that this isn't true. I have friends with pits and they are treated awesome. But if you try to step over them or if they think you are hurting their owner they can snap in a second and its scary. They get this weird look in their eyes. Its how they are bred. People must realize this.

Just lost a pretty long response because my computer shut down, so I'll spare you all the rant...

Bottom line, your attitude towards pit bulls is no different than saying that all native American Indians are savages because that's "how they're bred" or that all black people are violent because "that's how they're bred" or that all Arabs are terrorists because that's "how they're bred." It's ignorant. And don't try to say that I cannot compare dogs to humans. I just did. Because the analogy fits.

I'm not going to derail this thread any further, as the article is about a pit bull SAVING a woman and her child - who were complete strangers to the dog.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Stepping over any dog is not a good thing to do as its a sign of dominance, and as for them getting protective when you pretend to hurt the owner...... Most dogs would do this, its up the the owner to go over to the dog and let the dog know that your just playing.

Pitbulls are the second most human loving dogs you can own, but its all the gangsta wannabes that give them a bad name and change their loveliness. On a side note they are also one of the most aggressive dogs towards other animals

As for your 2 year old, well I sort of agree, I would not leave any young child alone with ANY big dog, no matter how safe the owners says they are as it just takes the child to step on a tail or something like that and then the dog might attack the child. Though I have no problem with children that are supervised been around dogs
edit on 14-3-2012 by bluedrake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
My pit would not hurt a fly.

She is incredibly friendly with kids, people and other dogs, including our cat, which she runs away from.

It's the hybrids that people think are "real" pitbulls that are the issue. When they are actually mixed breed from a pit and a bulldog.

Yeah that's right, you don't have a real pure-bread American pit bull terrier.
It's the hybrids that have the mental and health issues.
Real:

Hybrid:

edit on 14-3-2012 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join