It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whirlwind on Mars or?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by paperface

nice personal attack. unless you have some actual evidence that it's anything other than a whirlwind, perhaps you should keep your petty insults to yourself.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Im surprised you held off on him for calling wisconsin a town!!!

I almost stepped in to correct him, but thought i would save you the enjoyment. By this fact, his terrible spelling, and his belief in martian fires should be enough to not bother with debating him. Its like debating with a brick wall. You can be right all you want, but you aint moving that wall!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Im surprised you held off on him for calling wisconsin a town!!!

I almost stepped in to correct him, but thought i would save you the enjoyment. By this fact, his terrible spelling, and his belief in martian fires should be enough to not bother with debating him. Its like debating with a brick wall. You can be right all you want, but you aint moving that wall!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Definitely a dust devil. It also helps if you take it in context:

High resolution: www.uahirise.org...

I think the guys over at "Bad Astronomy" do a good job at explaining why this dust devil is white:

As the folks at HiRISE point out, it’s interesting that these tracks are bright and not dark as usual. The area seen here has thick dust that is too heavy to be picked up by the devil’s winds, but there is lighter dust scattered around on top of the thicker material. It’s likely that after the dust devil moves, the lighter, brighter material swirls and settles behind the vortex, forming those tracks.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

It's white because it's picking up only the lighter, whiter material.

Cool pic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join