It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiring Excuses causing us to not go to church

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
The problem with 1 is EVERY religion attempts to explain their version of God to me.

I agree this is a problem.

I only get to know the people who blindly believe their God is the true God. Thus, leaving me a stranger to a God at all.

I can say for certain that I do not blindly believe in God. It means I have less faith but takes care of that whole doubt problem. I can also assure that you're no stranger to God, though remember what it was like when God was a stranger to me. To cure this, you have a direct line, an opportunity to talk directly to God. It doesn't even to be out-loud, just close your eyes and speak with your mind/heart, "Hey God...". If the connection doesn't seem to be working at all for ya, feel free to message me, that's perhaps something I could help with.

Number 2 is clear. I have volunteered my time and my children's time to assisting the needy, getting involved in community events and so forth.

Awesome to hear! I've learned it is a great blessing to be able to give.

I guess it boils down to brands, in the end.

Christianity is unique in that it doesn't matter how many good deeds a person does. There are no 'points' that will earn a person's way into heaven. Other religions hand out spiritual report cards of sorts.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
I don't make any excuses. I'm just not going to go

You are 'above the conspiracy' in this case. I'm striving towards making less excuses in my life as well, it is a work in progress. As others have pointed out (and the Bible as well), going to church isn't a requirement to be saved but there are a lot of intangible benefits.

Originally posted by Tecumte
We're having 'service' right here this Sun. evening.

It's one of those services where the congregation get's to say their piece and everyone get's an equal say. Praise the lord and pass the plate....

Gotta love it. A reasonably 'free press'. At least for the time being.

Well said Tecumte. This is also what I was meaning about going to church versus going to Church...and thank you all for attending.

edit on 28-2-2012 by saint4God because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join