It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Rhyme I Just Wrote About The World Today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
My names Daniel, Im 19 and I've been an Aussie hip hop head since I was 13. Believe it or not Hip Hop is pretty big and growing in Australia, I mainly freestyle rap with my mates but I just wrote this to express my opinions.

Let’s introduce you to my twisted psychology, how I’m sick of oppression and the lack of open honesty/
How everybody’s out for themselves and if I view a point I get advised for a lobotomy/
How people are allowed to commit sodomy, rape flourishes child molesters get secure payment and property/
The population sleeps they churn the economy, and the Governments are changing our mindsets and priorities/
How were told we fight these wars for our sovereignty, programmed to fear taught to wage hate on minorities/
How were told to ignore open anomalies, how the mainstream media twist stories to please the hierarchy, see/
I woke up from a deep dream I was living thinking life is so simple but the complexity deepening/
I see, everyone around me still dreaming and I hate the fact that my family can’t see the fears increasing/
The buildup propaganda for war, all the same things said before Iraq became a $**t storm/
Iran is now the target my faith in mankind depleting hating I can’t do a thing about it and the millions that will be bleeding/
I’m receding to a shell, encased in my thoughts in this room debating whether to conform or rebel/
A personal hell, it’s my choice to decide but I know no one who would back me through this future movement this quell/
Everyone around me seems brainwashed, they tell me the news I chuckle in my head about the dead famous/
Yes, I am a generation Y, but I prefer to look at it like delegate or die/
And I won’t hesitate to try, to undermine my Government cause I’m sick of their games and politicians being sly/
I see what happens around us and nearly cry, but they simply command us to ignore what’s happening it isn’t right/
I live in a G20 country, but why do I have mates literally in the streets livin hungry?
And we try replace the streets of the poor, with golden statues to make our country look like its all humpty/
Well that nursery rhyme ain’t all flowers, we’ll fall off that wall and collapse I’m talking all world powers/
And all the kings’ horses and all the kings men will be dead so humpty is never gonna rise up again.

I was thinking if there are any others interested in hip hop, poetry maybe we could start a cypher thread where we all lay out lines about our personal views and opinions and get some points across through raps or poems.

edit on 19/5/2011 by repulsive1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Very nice, you should keep writing stuff like this. You don't mind if I post this rhyme on facebook so other people can see it? S+F

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rober_boricua

Go for it mate
. And thank you.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
yo dogg keep up the good work
i would also be interested in forming a cyber rap group and we can help edit eachothers work
i'll have to compile some of my works together and see what i can get
ive always been down with immortal technique and jedi minds tho (many other rappers)
tho personally a lot of my work comes out as love poetry but a good amount of it is social critiquing

but again i really enjoyed your verses, we'll all need to create our own rap identities/names

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
yo dogg keep up the good work
i would also be interested in forming a cyber rap group and we can help edit eachothers work
i'll have to compile some of my works together and see what i can get
ive always been down with immortal technique and jedi minds tho (many other rappers)
tho personally a lot of my work comes out as love poetry but a good amount of it is social critiquing

but again i really enjoyed your verses, we'll all need to create our own rap identities/names

It would be good to form a little group or something along those lines for ATS purposes for others to read our points through modern poetry. I listen to so many artists I couldn't name them all, ranging from like you with Immortal Technique to Aussie rapper Seth Sentry, to KRS-ONE and then to UK rapper Motley. I love it all, my favourite rapper is a guy that goes by Pez, some tracks he has made in the past are dead on. I think points can get across really well through music
edit on 19/5/2011 by repulsive1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join