It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev on fear, and how to handle life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

This was beautiful. What he is saying is that people dont understand life. Life is all about waiting to die. We didnt choose to come here (if we did we cant remember). But we are here, and weve been dying ever since. He is saying dont be afraid of death, because life is death. Life is all about what you learn while you are slowly dying everyday you are on this earth. So dont be afraid to truly live. Dont be afraid to take a trip, or see the world. Dont worry about how your gonna make it, cuz tomaro isnt promised. Im 23, I have traveld to Tibet, Egypt, and Rome. I was a sophmore and my university and said # college Im gonna live life and learn as much as I can about whats truley going on around me. I have since moved to Miami and am an electrician just making it on my own. No fear. I live by what he is talking about. I hope one day more people could understand this. I emailed this to my father, he gave me the whole Bible rap
I think it went a little over his head though.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
As a young person turned from anti-traditional to traditional, I think worrying about death is the wisest thing you can do. Either there is an afterlife or there is not. And within that either there is and eternal hell or there is not. It is each individual's responsibility to care enough to seek God before he dies. Many people are too caught up by the cares and pleasure of life to do so. But we must not became heedless of our spiritual destinies.

I think you should try understanding your father.

The link is not working for me,
edit on 13-2-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

My view on God is like this: Imagine a full body mirror. Now, tha is one mirror. not 2 , not 3, it is one whole mirror. Imagine you hit that mirror with a bat and it shatters into a million pieces. Some facing up, some facing down. What you have before you is tiny pieces of that same mirror with different views. Some pieces are big, some are small However, he size of the little fragments doesnt matter. If you were to put the pieces back together like a puzzle, you would need all of the pieces to make the mirror whole again. If you sent the pieces that were facing downward to Hell, you would have an incomplete mirror. We are those little fragments viewing life from different angles to have a better understanding of what is before us. In this view, Hell cant exist because seperating from the mirror Just isnt possible because we are that mirror. We cant separate from ourselves.
And also, Jesus said the only way to eternal life is through Him. But if you dont believe, you live eternally in hell. Contradiction. I have no time for contradictions.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatednotilluminati

Did you bother to verify with God that your understanding is correct though? An incorrect understanding could spell catastrophe. Your eternal destiny shouldn't be taken so lightly. It is the curse of being young that we throw caution to the wind. So many people glibly say "Well, I'll enjoy hell with all my friends."

I'm not trying to be annoying. Just trying to make you understand your father's view best I can.

For me personally, until I admitted I know nothing and asked God to show me what is true, I did not believe in the bible.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Link doesn't work for me.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatednotilluminati

This was beautiful. What he is saying is that people dont understand life. Life is all about waiting to die. We didnt choose to come here (if we did we cant remember). But we are here, and weve been dying ever since. He is saying dont be afraid of death, because life is death.

Your link was bad...

edit on 13-2-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatednotilluminati
reply to post by 547000

My view on God is like this: Imagine a full body mirror. Now, tha is one mirror. not 2 , not 3, it is one whole mirror. Imagine you hit that mirror with a bat and it shatters into a million pieces. Some facing up, some facing down. What you have before you is tiny pieces of that same mirror with different views. Some pieces are big, some are small However, he size of the little fragments doesnt matter. If you were to put the pieces back together like a puzzle, you would need all of the pieces to make the mirror whole again. If you sent the pieces that were facing downward to Hell, you would have an incomplete mirror. We are those little fragments viewing life from different angles to have a better understanding of what is before us. In this view, Hell cant exist because seperating from the mirror Just isnt possible because we are that mirror. We cant separate from ourselves.
And also, Jesus said the only way to eternal life is through Him. But if you don't believe, you live eternally in hell. Contradiction. I have no time for contradictions.

This is because Hell does not exist as we commonly believe. Hell is not a cruel place of eternal torment, that is a pagan concept. Hell, otherwise known as Sheol, or Hades, also translated from Gehenna in the NT, is the grave, death, non existence, and oblivion. What atheists commonly believe happens in death, is what actually happens to them when they are sent to Hell. Hell is eternal separation from God. The bible is very clear that the punishment for sin is DEATH, not eternal life in a fiery place. People do not believe in Jesus so we can escape hell and live eternally, no, we believe in Jesus so that we will not PERISH, but have eternal life.

I am going to write an entire thread on this sometime soon. The truth needs to be heard on this subject.

Look into Carlton Pearsons story. Also, www.helltruth.com... , is a very good starting reference point. There are countless other websites and topics online discussing this matter as well. God bless you!

top topics

join