It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about free energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There's something I've been thinking about with free energy. Lets say free energy is released tomorrow and by next year, it's in mainstream vehicles that can run indefinitely. Let's just say that happens.

Well, do you think people would still be ABLE to drive gasoline vehicles? The reason I ask is that while I support the free energy movement, I worry about what it would do to people who are car enthusiasts like myself. Would we still be able to drive Mustang GT's for fun and have access to gasoline in a world of free energy?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Since they don't make Model T's anymore, I would say...no.

Making a product that no one will buy because it's simply been rendered inefficient is not cost productive.

The real question is, will they introduce such an energy source? I keep hoping, but the scientists keep disappointing...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Easy conversion to perhaps another fuel source,
Or perhaps they would keep gasoline just for that very reason, history, and for car enthusiasts. I'm sure cars wont change very much, just a different power source. Chances are the vehicles themselves won't change very much, so people can still maintain/upgrade their cars if they so chose to.

Otherwise i think it might be history. I like cars too D:, when i think about other types of possible 'free energy cars' i think 'it wont be near as fun as this one
"

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Since they don't make Model T's anymore, I would say...no.

Making a product that no one will buy because it's simply been rendered inefficient is not cost productive.

The real question is, will they introduce such an energy source? I keep hoping, but the scientists keep disappointing...

Its not the scientists
Its the elite/government that hide that stuff from us (for good reason, to keep big oil..big..),
So releasing that would be against their interests.
scientists are as silences as journalists.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

a very interesting question indeed but i would imagine yes, if you look at steam engines as an example there are 100's of groups dedicated to keeping steam powered trains maintained and running and steam power hasn't been used for a long time (in the western world anyway) so i would imagine that if free energy was to "come out" tomorrow (my personnel opinion is that while money still exists nothing will really be free) there would definately be groups of enthusiasts running petrol/gasoline clubs dedicated to keeping cars running. but this is just an opinion.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

The introduction of any new energy source will coexist with the oil industry - Demand for oil will lower, making it as cheap as it is supposed to be - but oil is used for other things than energy, plastics manufacturing for example. Therefor, for the enthusiast, I guess petrol(gas) or a synthetic replacement will always be available.

I for one can't wait switching on my e-cat and getting off the black goo.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't see any possibility that the elite will be releasing this awesome thing to the world and will rather use it to control the public. If free energy can power cars then of course it can power every other electronics and... weapons. And there are really bad things that can be done. Free energy is free so they will try to harness the maximum of it and can be deadlier than nukes.

Sorry for diverting away from the main question, I think I would rather shift my attention from driving cars to flying with that free energy.

edit on 11-2-2012 by morpheusxxz because: typo

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
IMO "free" energy would never be released because it would never be ALLOWED. The only way any alternative energy technology will see the light of day en masse is if fully tested and functional plans are open source released globally at the same time. Only way governments/big oil wont be able to hide it and spin it as snake oil.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Free energy is already out there, It's called the Sun!

Granted you need to spend money on devices to collect it, But once you've got those you can have as much free energy as you are able to collect.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
There's something I've been thinking about with free energy. Lets say free energy is released tomorrow and by next year, it's in mainstream vehicles that can run indefinitely. Let's just say that happens.

Well, do you think people would still be ABLE to drive gasoline vehicles? The reason I ask is that while I support the free energy movement, I worry about what it would do to people who are car enthusiasts like myself. Would we still be able to drive Mustang GT's for fun and have access to gasoline in a world of free energy?

Free energy will destroy capitalism as we know it. This is good as capitalism as we have yet to know it will then exist.

There will always be a niche market for combustion engine muscle car enthusiasts such as yourself and there will be somebody to ensure that you get your gasoline (albeit at an inflated price). If recreational gas usage and pollution were all we had to worry about as far as environmental impact, I don't think the government will bat an eye at the occasional car flying by them with glass packs and black smoke coming out of their exhaust. It just won't be that big of an impact.

top topics

join