It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Santorum Cancels Events...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Yes I do not understand how a person could put a political campaign above being with their child, when they have the resources too.

You avoid my question again, thats fine, I just don't get it.

I just don't get that a Political Career would be more important than your sick child.
I just don't get that a christian would not put family above career.
I just don't get why you would put your sick child in front of cameras.
I just don't get how fighting for the republican nomination is making the world better for his child.
I just don't get how you could spend so much money on a campaign, when those resources could have been put towards a foundation to further R&D into the helping other with the same illness.

I just don't get it, you are right.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
reply to post by nyk537

I did ask a question in my posting, as well, I asked if it was your child who had days or weeks to live, are you really going to spend that time running a capaign to get elected....????!!??

This family has been told that their child only has "days and weeks to live" for over 3 years now. This child has already beat the odds. What part of that do you not get?

Most people woudn't be in a position to choose, they would have to work to pay the medical bills.
I would like to think that most people, if they had the money for the bills, wouldn't choose to spend the little time that their child would be on this earth, running a capaign to get themselves elected.

Your missing the point. Had Santorum stopped working to be with his child, there would be no money to pay those medical bills. He would still be sitting at her bedside waiting for death to come. This child was supposed to die 3 years ago according to doctors.

If it was me, and my child was sick like that, and I had the money to pay the bills, I would spend every second I had with her.

And when those "days and weeks" turned into a year, then 2 years, then 3 years... what would you do?

To answer your question, no it is not a bad thing that he is taking time off to be with her, it is a bad thing that he is not taking more time off.

How much time is enough? And when the doctors are wrong and your child continues to live and survive, do you still wait for death or do you continue on with life and hope your child remains healthy and continues to prove her doctors wrong?

He puts mor importance on becoming the republican nominee, than the little time he has with his child, that he will NEVER get back.

I disagree. Again, this child already beat the odds. The day she was born they were told she only had "days and weeks" to live. She is now 3 years old.

edit on 29-1-2012 by KingAtlas because: add

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Your implying that running for president is "his job".

It isn't his job.

It is something that he chooses to do, and he is not getting paid to do it.
It is illegal for him to use campagin funds to pay his personal bills.

You are making it out like, it is just another day at the office for him. It isn't.

He is running for a position that will take him away from his family for large amounts of time on a regular basis.

I understand that his child has beaten the odds...SO FAR... I reinterate I UNDERSTAND that his child has beaten the odds so far, but the child isn't better. There is a big difference between, a child who is beating the odds and continuing to survive and a child who has beaten the odds and gotten better.

He has ALOT of money in the bank. He isn't doing this because he has to pay the bills either.
Please don't misrepresent the situation.

You asked, what would I do, and I did asnwer, as long as my child was sick, and I had the resources I would be spending my time with my child, wherther it be days, weeks, months, a year, two years, three years or more.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
reply to post by nyk537

Yes I do not understand how a person could put a political campaign above being with their child, when they have the resources too.

You avoid my question again, thats fine, I just don't get it.

I just don't get that a Political Career would be more important than your sick child.
I just don't get that a christian would not put family above career.
I just don't get why you would put your sick child in front of cameras.
I just don't get how fighting for the republican nomination is making the world better for his child.
I just don't get how you could spend so much money on a campaign, when those resources could have been put towards a foundation to further R&D into the helping other with the same illness.

I just don't get it, you are right.

He isn't putting political career ahead of her...
He is putting his family first, he has others to take care of too...if your child is sick and in the hospital do you and your wife both take off work and lose your jobs? NO..so he is still providing for his family. I am not sticking up for him, but your to stupid to see the light from the train, infront of you...and your on the tracks.
The Media has its own mind...they always give people there privacy..RIGHT? of course they do...they always listen to the respects and wishes of others...
Fighting for the nomination isn't just for his kids...he believes that he can make America a better place...don't you think thats good? Atleast he's tring, your not mentioned anywhere in the news that I see...so why don't you run?
If you want to give your money to a cause, go ahead...its yours, I am sure that people like him, do plenty to help those in need...when there kid is involved.

Overall I think he's doing the right thing, by being there...however, you seem to be hell bent on being an ass...so I guess my moral compass isn't nearly as screwed up as I thought...judging from you. Do us a favor and have a cranial anal extractment done to yourself...you might see the light.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

This child is never going to get better!

Maybe I see it differently because I understand the situation much better than you do. My older Brother was born with some type of genetic disorder. I do not know what it is, what it is called, my family really does not discuss. My older Brother was not supposed to live past the age of 9. By the time I was 4 he had to have one of his lungs removed. When I was 8 he had his first open heart surgery. I still remember how mad he was afterwards because he was not allow to do anything at all for a long time. He bitched so much that my mother finally caved in and let him take the trash out. We lived in an apartment complex back then and they had just mopped the lobby area. My Brother slipped, tried to catch himself using his arm, and the stitches didn't hold and his chest ripped back open.

My Brother is now 43 years old.

Doctors are wrong a lot. You can not stop your life on a guess of a time frame. This girl will never "get better". Just like my Brother will never "get better". It will never happen. But guess what? He has been alive for 34 years longer than he should have. This girl may be as well. You can not sit around and wait for death. You will know when the situation is serious enough to put everything on hold, and you will know when it is not, and you keep moving on.
edit on 29-1-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

If you want to talk about someone who uses family illness to get elected, then we should bring up the KING OF riding on voters' emotions:

OBAMA!

Some (me included) believe that his grandmother did not die on election eve, but many days prior to. He simply used his power and used the emotions of the U.S. voter to get sympathy votes by announcing his grandmother's death the night before the elections.

By your standards, he (Obama) should have put family first (if that is the real date of death) and dropped out of the election, to be with his family.

Pathetic, really.

edit on 29-1-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

When you dislike someone and still show tolerance this is true empathy. This man has little to no empathy. I actually feel sorry for him because the beliefs he holds so dear is were true evil lies.

Empathy is what this world is lacking spread it whenever you can.
Beware of anyone who spreads hate using there misguided beliefs.

edit on 30-1-2012 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yeah, politics and beliefs aside, he is still human and hurts. My thoughts and white light, blessings and strength go to him and his family.

<< 1   >>

join