It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Finally Reveal Child's Gender, After 5 Years. Wait... What?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

[color=dodgerblue]Thanks (:

That's all in the past now. Distant memory I guess you could say.

Now if I could just come to terms with turning 30.... then I will be in good shape!

edit on 21-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

To be fair, I knew a sasha when I was younger. A heavy metal guitarist. Yes a guy.

And then there's this:

My country send me to United States to make movie-film. Please, come and see my film. If it not success, I will be execute.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The mother is a self-confessed 'radical feminist', so it's hard to believe that she was not biased in her choice of 'raising the kid gender neutral'.

This article gives more details about her experiment. I am saying 'experiment' because I found it really hard to believe that it's not one.

The above mentioned article states that 'Now she regularly dresses Sasha, 5, in girls’ clothes'.
Noticed? She dresses the kid, it's not kid's option what clothes to wear.

I understand not to place gender expectations on your kid, but what she is doing is completely different and I wonder if the child is not already 'damaged goods'.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by casperiumnebula

“All I want to do is make people think a bit.” And will she mind if Sasha grows up to be a butch rugby player or, indeed, a hairdresser? “I just want him to fulfil his potential, and I wouldn’t push him in any direction,” says Beck.

[color=dodgerblue]Isn't our job as parents to push our children?

The quote "All I want to do is make people think a bit" is telling.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

[color=dodgerblue]Thanks (:

That's all in the past now. Distant memory I guess you could say.

Now if I could just come to terms with turning 30.... then I will be in good shape!

Dont you know 30 is the new 20
And its good all that is behind you, as im sure you have become a better person then anyone that ever had a bad thing to say about you in the past

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by casperiumnebula

“All I want to do is make people think a bit.” And will she mind if Sasha grows up to be a butch rugby player or, indeed, a hairdresser? “I just want him to fulfil his potential, and I wouldn’t push him in any direction,” says Beck.

[color=dodgerblue]Isn't our job as parents to push our children?

The quote "All I want to do is make people think a bit" is telling.

Thats right we should push our kids to succeed in life and show them love and compassion, and teach them how to show compassion and love for others . Sure they should be giving the choice of how they want to dress. but what this woman is doing (Like you pointed out), is forcing her kid into what she wants him to be and how she wants him to dress, imo that is just wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

[color=dodgerblue]I agree. She is saying she doesn't want to push Sasha in any direction but all the while is pushing him into feminine clothing/things.

Contradiction, anyone?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This idea would be good if they didnt restrict certain clothes ( Hyper-masculine ). They let him wear 'girly' clothes and deny him the right for skulls? RIDICULOUS- COMPLETE HYPOCRITS.

The only way ANY plan like this would work is if the child had free reign, absolute choice.

You cant say you are doing it so your child can be Gender Neutral when you control the factors which affect the way in which the child would percieve themself to be of a specific Gender.

Theyve screwed the pooch. Poor kid.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
This experiment isnt about young Sasha...no, it's about the uber trendy partners, Laxton and Cooper. Look at us!!! We are so ahead of the curve; so new age and such trend setters...blah, blah, blah. Sasha and his gender neutral development is a public statement like marching into a super market with a wad of cloth grocery bags it's a public declaration that "we are so much more evolved than you."

Hope Sasha turns out ok, but feel the kid will someday just snap. He only gets one Childhood and it's his not mom and dad's petrii dish.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Glinda because: Fixed typos.

I feel too that his parents are using him as a social experiment. I feel very sorry for him. When he gets older he will probably be really screwed up...(if he isn't already).

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I don't understand what the end goal is here. What is wrong with being a boy or girl? I don't think it is a 'label' or a 'stereotype' since we are biologically one or the other from birth.

Could not agree more. We are what we are and cannot change that even if we want to. No matter how hard some try.

The big no-no's are hyper-masculine outfits like skull-print shirts and cargo pants.

In one photo, sent to friends and family, Sasha's dressed in a shiny pink girl's swimsuit. "Children like sparkly things," says Beck. "And if someone thought Sasha was a girl because he was wearing a pink swimming costume

I only know what is in your post but I can see the parents pushed the female side more. If they were truly concerned about the kid being gender neutral they would have let the kid wear the "Skulls" gear and "Cargo Pants" as well as the pink costume making the clothing 50-50, truly neutral. Seems like these parents wanted a girl. Sick disgusting and perverted parents.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

There is no need to punish a child, for they do not know what is right and wrong.
You show them.
You may withold, or take away or suggest menial chores, as a remedy.
Boredom is a good learning experience.
However for me punishing is a violent, forced act without educational purposes.
Not allowing a child to dress as he pleases is forced.
It is against free will.
It is against nature.
It is robing him of the greatest human possibility: free choice.
It is essentially enslavement to your ideas.
It is simple wrong.
Children should not be experimented on.
Someone call social servi es, please!
Just my 2 c:-)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I've just realised...
Sasha has a brother and a sister. This is some kind of sick game, the family with three differently sexed kids. He receives hand downs from his siblings which I have no issue with in the slightest... the problem is that his parents are whack jobs who already raised two very 'normal' children.
This is cruelty at its finest and most bizarre. Sasha may not be being physically harmed, but his emotional and personal development is going to be ####ed.
No finer way to mess up a kids life than not let them know who they are.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Kids are very resilient, but this is obviously sick.
It truly is.
What exactly is their problem with gender, has anyone found this out?
As mentioned, gender should be celebrated.
Equality is in the mind, not in a phsical characteristic.
They are robbing choice from this child.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Last year another couple, Kathy Witterick, 38, and David Stocker, 39, of Toronto made a similar decision when they had their baby, Storm. At the time, certain psychiatric experts voiced concern over their decision. "To have a sense of self and personal identity is a critical part of normal healthy development," Dr. Eugene Beresin, director of training in child and adolescent psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital, told ABC News. "This blocks that and sets the child up for bullying, scapegoating and marginalization."

[color=dodgerblue]It's already so hard for kids to find their identity, their niche and their place in the world. Why make it any harder than it already is?

These parents, as someone already pointed out, have two older children that have not been raised in this way. To me it screams 'look at me! look at me!' on the parents part.

Sadly, they probably aren't coming to their senses any time soon.

edit on 22-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Behaviour related to gender is a fact of Science, that is exemplified in thousands of species of animal across the world.

Yet again, a brilliant example of 'perfect world' thinking - the idea that a child can be gender neutral is all well and good in theory - but the grim reality is that this will have profound psychological effects on Sasha.

Our gender and our body help us build a cogent identity - if we cant identify ourselves in this way, then how can we function as humans?

It seems as though Sasha's parents have placed Sasha in a fundamentally divisive situation - presumably, to highlight their own openmindedness and to emphasise the apparent judgement and closedmindedness that Sasha will undoubtedly face.

A child at the age of five cannot - in any way - recognise in a reasoned way, how they should or shouldn't act - they look to others 'like them' to mimic behaviour, likes and dislikes etc.

Shame on Sasha's parents. I can only hope that Sasha is undamaged by this, though I suspect that will not be the case.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
! This is PC on steroids , For 10s of thousands of years human children have grown and figured out their gender . I wnder when this will become law. I`m asuming the couple is from the UK . Orwell with all the BPA and gender confusing media no wonder why children are confused .

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpusMarkII
I`m asuming the couple is from the UK.

Why, exactly?
And also read the OP. Toronto.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join