It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors shut down Megaupload and consequently Megavideo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Mega video charged people to watch pirated videos. They knew exactly what they were doing,they even had some legalese to the effect of we have to charge you to show this feature due to agreements with wb,mgm,or whatever. Straight robbery, this is not a censorship issue, if i was showing captain america on bootleg in my basement last summer,while it was in the theater, and charging 5 bucks ahead, I would expect to get arrested. and nobody would be screaming censorship.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Isn't that some serious horse cacca?

You already pay your ISP, then you have to pay to use it again? After already buying the game? It's the greediest enterprise going. Microsoft should be ashamed too. Charging customers to play online? It's laughable. Yet millions continue to feed the beast without thinking about how to make a change. If you feed the beast it will get hungrier.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe fromanIf i was showing captain america on bootleg in my basement last summer,while it was in the theater, and charging 5 bucks ahead, I would expect to get arrested. and nobody would be screaming censorship.

... and if you were having guests over and served them sandwiches I take you would luckily fork over the licensing fees to the earl of sandwich, right?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It works like this... Piracy is illegal, so those who pirate are subject to the full force of the law, but let's be honest here Obama is playing the child at a table well above chin level... the government is acting childish on a global scale now... "Oh? Protest against our proposed PIPA and SOPA bills, well give me this (takes megaupload away) still wanna play?" thing is... it's no longer about the people, the government does not have the peoples interests at heart only the flow of the mighty dollar, they press force to make the voice of the public hush so they can act accordingly... we.. have.. no.. voice, they move to silence the public and play god on an ant hill... well I ask this.. who are the ants people? you... I'm not american and the best part is although this effects people on a global scale it doesn't really effect me. I just laugh at how the general american public are sheep in a Shepard's herd.. grow a backbone or roll over those are your choices. Your government controls you, your nothing but a variable in a complex system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join