It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Kingdom's New Name

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Britain and Northern Ireland would, I suppose, be the correct name. Or, more commonly, just Britain.

But I'd prefer to go back to Albion - not least to wind up the Scottish sasennachs who will no doubt still be mistakenly referring to their country as Alba*

Of course, we'd have a new flag too.

* which is the gaelic form of Albion, and refers these days only to the Highlands.

England have plenty options to name themselves from the various peoples that have invaded and conquered yous.
What about Normania, Angelland,Vikingville,romeland and of course a recent dna study found that the predominant dna of the English originated in Germany and of course you have a German queen so perhaps Germania inferior

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by clanger

Actually, based on dna, we could call ourselves Basqueland - since that'w where most of our ancestors spent the last Ice Age, moving back here 12,000 years ago

I also always thought that since the old name for Britain was Albion/Albu then we should really all be called Albanians

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
new flag
i468.photobucket.com...

or the preferd English one

i468.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
As a resident of the much neglected northern england I would also like the option of being either in Scotland or England - i.e. renegotiate the whereabouts of the border - south of Birmingham sounds fine to me.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by clanger

Well regarding the DNA - Angles and Saxons were of German descent, Norse, Danish and Swedish were of Germanic descent - hell, even the early Celts were most likely to have been of Germanic descent so it isn't really surprising. So how about the Imperial Realm of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (German royalty always seem to love grand sounding names!).

I've been thinking about this one and had a really rubbish idea - how about we rent the name out to the highest bidder for a few years to brink the national debt down?
Tell Qatar that for exchange for £250 billion of their hedge fund cash we will call ourselves Qatar @ the UK for 10 years?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
reply to post by blupblup

nice suggestions there blupblup.

just to add how about the coalition of united national territories?
f.

LOL..... Indeed mate

Very good

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

1st line
if wales and england are left after the dust settles, how about wangland?

to the posters with serious intent here, i salute you from the royal doulton.

f

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Loving the Coalition of United National Territories...

I think we might run into copyright problems with Wangland, sounds a bit close to NumberWang the all time greatest ever gameshow ever.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I hope for Scotlands sake, and Englands sake that the Scottish people see sense and don't vote for Independence!
They are being led up the garden path by that nasty wee man Alex Salmond.

All he is doing is trying to go down in History as Scotlands 1st Prime Minister.

He's a wee D1ck
edit on 19-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by YeshuaPiso

well don't the french already call us londonstan , or maybe we should be called THE INTERNATIONAL WELFARE COUNTRY .
and since english people living here will soon be a minority does it really matter what they call us

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Just drop the UK and become Britain. Works for me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join