It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child molester gets 560-year sentence

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats

Liberal? You obviously have the wrong person.

I wasn't away that to be considered "conservative" you had to accept the killing of fellow human beings in exchange for unexplained actions. If liberal minded people are those who will ask "why" before pulling a trigger, then yeah, I guess that makes me as liberal as they come.

But hugs and kisses? No thank you. I've never said anything of the sort. Sure these people should be incarcerated, probably moreso in psychiatric institutions for evaluations and study as to why they think the way they do, and perhaps we could understand, fix, and prevent the problem in the future. Some of them might be able to be rehabilitated, while some of them might spend the rest of their days away from society.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

Liberal? You obviously have the wrong person.

I wasn't away that to be considered "conservative" you had to accept the killing of fellow human beings in exchange for unexplained actions. If liberal minded people are those who will ask "why" before pulling a trigger, then yeah, I guess that makes me as liberal as they come.

But hugs and kisses? No thank you. I've never said anything of the sort. Sure these people should be incarcerated, probably moreso in psychiatric institutions for evaluations and study as to why they think the way they do, and perhaps we could understand, fix, and prevent the problem in the future. Some of them might be able to be rehabilitated, while some of them might spend the rest of their days away from society.

You may want to go back and read your own post. When you start making up excuses for the pedophile by blaming how a girl dresses or acts, You quoted, "But anyone who can't admit that the 14 year old girls wearing fishnet stockings and stuffing their bras, flirting with older guys and not cared about have nothing to do with the problem - you are delusional." Blaming a kid, thats not delusional. Liberals always feel "It's always someone else's fault." no accountability.

How about when you blame the actions of the pedophile on the people crying out for stricter laws. You quoted, "Perhaps it is this kind of thinking that creates these kind of people. Perhaps it is the flawed thinking of eye for an eye and rash decision making that have created these individuals". More blame on everyone but the criminal. Sorry but that falls into the liberal category.

You further quote, "More and more people disgust me. Not the rapists and pedophiles - because they obviously have something wrong with their heads and psyches..". People disgust you for being outraged and wanting stricter penalties, but not the rapists and pedophiles.

Your own words label you a liberal. Question the death penalty all you want but blaming people other than the criminal is how you get your label.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Perhaps you are the one that needs to reread my post. Here is the section in question:

I get it. It is immoral, unethical, a crime. People don't like it. But anyone who can't admit that the 14 year old girls wearing fishnet stockings and stuffing their bras, flirting with older guys and not cared about have nothing to do with the problem - you are delusional.

You seem to understand since you quoted it yourself, but where exactly did I say the blame was solely on them? I said that the way these children are acting like adults at such younger ages and practically promoting sexual activity, being sexually active themselves at 13-14, most DEFINITELY has something to do with the problem. And yes, to believe otherwise is simply ignoring the obvious.

And I never blamed the lawmakers for pedophilia. I blame them for their archaic thinking - the same reason they disgust me.

Draconic principles only get you so far, and it has been proven time and time again that no matter how strict and brutal the punishments, crimes are still going to be commited unless you figure out and extinguish the underlying cause of them.

Considering that pedophilia was not near as common of a problem in the past as it is in modern times, I think we need to start look for the reasons for that and find out ways to prevent it. Death threats and threats of castration are not going to stop a mental illness from taking hold, the same reason people will satisfy addictions even in the event of jail time. This is common sense, not "liberal" thinking.

Conservative thinking does not mean sticking to the past and never letting it go, but apparently to you it does. As I said before, if embracing new ways that are better for society in order to fix problems instead of brushing them to the side makes me a "liberal", then feel free to call me a card carrying member. I will just continue to believe myself to be on the side of intelligence and common sense.

You don't fix a problem by killing it. It never happens, it never will.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

There is no fixing a child molester.
The only way to prevent them from acting on their urges is to either remove them for society, or remove them from life.
I for one am tired of paying taxes, to provide them a prison cell.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Once again, the public shows that they are no better than criminals by suggesting torture and death to criminals and psychiatric patients. Does no one have no limits anymore?

Perhaps it is this kind of thinking that creates these kind of people. Perhaps it is the flawed thinking of eye for an eye and rash decision making that have created these individuals. But it doesn't matter, because nobody wants to learn WHY they have come about and why their numbers are increasing.

Nope. Just "kill em all, that'll stop it!"

And by doing so you reinforce that criminal activity for the sake of "righteousness" is grand, and soon enough people start making their own ideas of what "righteousness" really is and the lines become skewed.

Should we torture and kill all schizoids and those with personality disorders as well? After all, who cares what is wrong with them right? It would just be easy to start slaying them and get rid of them all.

More and more people disgust me. Not the rapists and pedophiles - because they obviously have something wrong with their heads and psyches - but the common man and woman, the church goers, the workers, the mothers and fathers, who openly advocate torture and death to fellow human beings as if it is a walk in the park and should be your choice. These people are supposed to be the "normal" ones in society, and then they jump out at you with this BS? It is absolutely ridiculous.

I get it. It is immoral, unethical, a crime. People don't like it. But anyone who can't admit that the 14 year old girls wearing fishnet stockings and stuffing their bras, flirting with older guys and not cared about have nothing to do with the problem - you are delusional. This of course is a common sense observation that can me made without torturing and killing someone, and maybe... JUST MAYBE... it can go a long way in the future to explaining just why people are ending up as pedophiles and rapists in higher numbers, and JUST MAYBE, might tell us why, despite receiving probably the most hated labels in western society, these people continue to do it anyway.

Anyone who isn't worried about the future and maybe preventing that, then why not just torture and kill you. After all, you certainly aren't helping the problem by screaming "DEATH TO ALL" with your pitchforks - you are simply pushing it to the side and trying to forget it ever existed. Time to get over it.

Ok I took your advice. I reread your post. I stand by my previous comments.

Your first two paragraph's are liberal ranting. Asking, "Why" and wanting to study them and learn from them. Also stating their numbers are increasing...well there are many reasons for this. Better crime tracking statistic, victims becoming more willing to speak out, the population is increasing...etc.. Unless you want to show your source. I also have news for you, Washington State has determined that serial rapists and pedophiles and sexual predators cannot be cured. Tried to hold them indefinitely after their sentence was up but lost that decision in court.

Your fourth paragraph asks if we should torture them. Well Florida killed Ted Bundy and it was over. No long term effects or skewed lines of justice resulted from that. Why are you afraid to severely punish those that take the life of another. I say take the life of because in many ways a pedophile does take the life of the child they assault.

Your sixth paragraph, "More and more people disgust me, not the rapists and pedophiles...". Well that statement speaks volumes about your liberal thinking!

Your next paragraph is laughable. Poor parenting and child confusion about how not to dress and how not to act as a teenager gives no one the right to sexually assault them. I don't care if they are running down the street naked. This entire paragraph of acceptance to rape or molestation says a lot about you.

And last but not least, as I stated above, putting down a serial rapist killer like Ted Bundy certainly solved that problem without turning society into a blood thirsty mob of citizens screaming "Death to All" while holding their pitchforks. BUT it did stop anymore girls from getting abducted, raped and killed by an incurable monster.

www.pamramsey.com...

edit on 18-1-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: Clarify statement

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If they started giving the death penalty for rape, wouldn't rapists just murder more victims? Get rid of the witness and even if they get convicted, they can only be executed once. Also since most people here seem to believe that a large percentage of victims become abusers themselves, do you think they government should monitor all of the victims as they grow older to make sure they don't become criminals?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Make a real EXAMPLE of him. Let the children decide what should be done.

Yes, because giving young children who have been sexually abused and gone through hell the choice to let a human be executed or not will really help mend them psychologically.

Like others have said, we need to find the root of a paedophile's fantasies. If it is nature and not nurture we need to find out why they are like that. If it is down to nurture, we need to find out what in their lives leads them to commit these crimes.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
IMHO, I believe that we'd learn about pedo's by going back thru their childhood, at the point of puberty. This is a difficult time for many, but also a time when children get to fantasize & explore a lot. Maybe this is where events, situations etc may mould them for life, and some can't move past those 'exciting & new' times of sexual adventure, thus retaining what could be described as a FETISH, into adult life. Maybe they had an older or younger sibling that they experimented with, maybe creating a very strong sexual memory that remains dominant as they get older.

Obviously many pedo's are also created due to abuse they experienced as children, and though it in noway makes it right for them to abuse other children later in life, I feel sorriest for this group.

Many of us probably have different memorable experiences that stay with them throughout our lives, that become 'fetishes' but at least are far less harmful.

I can relate it to my love of 70's music as this was the a very exciting time as a young adult for me, so I'm sort of 'locked' into this music period. I think many would related to this scenario.

At the end of the day, there's no excusing what they do as well all want to protect our children, but I believe I can see what drives them, just like murderers, rapist etc...you need to look back to their childhoods.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join