It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy rescues Iranian Sailors from Pirates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Found this quite humerous....with them threatening to sink our aircraft carriers. Go Navy!

www.cnn.com...

Iranian Vessel Captain gives, "sincere gratitude," It appears the sailors were taken to the very carrier the iranian government wants to sink.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

That is hilarious, and its just what needed to happen. Maybe this will help calm down tensions between the two Navy's.

One a side note, I have a story about pirates and the USN. I had a chief once who was aboard an aircraft carrier during the Gulf War. At night naval ships try their best to remain hidden from sight. Well one night some pirates mistook a US air craft carrier for a cruise ship. They pulled small craft boats close to the ships and began to open fire with their machine guns and bark out orders. After a few minutes of pirate banter the USN ship turned on it lights to reveal themselves to their "captors". I would have loved to see the look on those pirate's faces
. Not long after the lights went on a jet took out the boats. No USN sailors were injured.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Thanks for the laugh, that was awesome. I too would of loved to see their faces

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

"That is hilarious, and its just what needed to happen. Maybe this will help calm down tensions between the two Navy's."

I agree. People helping people, nothing better in a 'hostile' zone. May Peace prevail.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Somali pirates - all big and bad when they're the only ones with weapons...

edit on 6-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
silly pirates, not even jack sparrow can escape the U.S. Navy

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Those pirates are so inspirational
makes you want to put on a eye patch
get a peg legged and go a sea faring!!

I wonder if Irans navy would of done that
for a US ship and crew.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
That the story theyre trying to spin? Those Iranians are probably hitting some serious waves on a waterboard catching the Big Kahuna.

join