It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Re-escalates, Responds To Iran Warning

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Iran might get in a few good shots, but the U.S military is well situated in the ME....

Diego Garcia, pretty sure they keep bombers and fighters pretty well stocked there,

Saudi and Quatar have AirForce on hand and probably Army as well, Afghanistan which has you name it on site.

Yemen? Thought we had some assests there,

Not to mention our Fleets, both Med and Pacific,

And.....

Bombers from Japan or Hawaii bases could make some long haul runs, maybe some European bases too?

I am just giving a rough estimate of what could be with in the vicinity of Iran, I am sure if I googled I could find more...

The U.S. is far from being incapable of defending the Persian Gulf.

I was on the Lincoln CVN72 when all those Army Rangers were killed in Somalia, we were patrolling in the gulf when we were enforcing the Iraq No-Fly Zone when they were killed, next thing we know, we were hauling a$$ for the Coast of Africa...When we got there, no lie, there was enough firepower floating off the coast of Somalia to level the entire continent...Navy and Marines out the wazoo....Never seen so many war ships in one place.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Iran to hold more military drills, says defense minister (DPA)

Oh boy.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

there is now physical proof to show that the battle between david and goliath was indeed a real story. sorry couldnt help but comment on this as i just saw this on the history channel just this past week.

and lets not forget the mistakes that are made in complete arrogance. arrogance of ones superiority over another. the worst person in the world to ever have to fight is one who is cornered and scared for their life. they will do anything to survive and are the most dangerous foe you could ever encounter.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join