It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrim End of the World Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this while doing my internet stuffs. Anyways, in certain locations in Skyrim bugs in jars can be found. That have runic letters/phrases written on the lids. Long story short someone figured out what they mean, figured out it was a summoning ritual and then somehow came up with a pentagram on the map. Pretty nutty stuff.

Could it be the Thalmor trying to erase mankind? Or the Mythic Dawn making a return? There is a quest with a guy who is a descendant of Mythic Dawn members and collects their stuff for a museum. I would also not put it past Bethesda to conjure up some intricate and insane Armageddon Conspiracy.

Anyways, I figure since you ATS members can figure out the really complex games the ATS folks set up maybe you could figure this one out.

www.gameinformer.com...

www.reddit.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
very nice post since hi had found this jars hi was thinking
in that theory how many jars are on the game?? hi had only found 3 or 4

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xaruto666

5, I believe.

The bee
The butterfly
The dragonfly
The moth
And the torchbug
edit on 27-12-2011 by StopFearMongering because: to add

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
this game its just amazing i didnt love an game so much since the old shenmue for dreamcast

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I used to look for Armageddon theories in Skyrim ,then I took an arrow to the knee.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think your on to something here.

Wait, Dark Souls is out too. Is there a connection?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by StopFearMongering

Oh man! Another reason for me to spend countless hours in the world of Skyrim.

Cool update

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Oh I quit playing skyrim because of time constraints, but will continue playing it....This does sound interesting, I will be on the look out for the bugs in a jar now....I did a short search but so far only a conspiracy, would be nice tough if they actually did something or opened a portal or something....Who knows, but it's still interesting.

One site said that its all a giant transmutation circle of the world, with two transmutation circles withing each-other and the major towns and dragon towers being the focus points of them... Supposedly your supposed to put the right jar in the right place at those points, and then your supposed to waste or kill the whole town/place or something, then something is supposed to happen on the promised day. With the activation of the transmutation circles...Whatever that means.

All dark alchemy/magic stuff it sounds like. Energy transfer only on a massive scale..Though its been done before.
....Even in animes, full-metal alchemist anyone?

But anyways whatever it is, it's just something to keep in mind when i start playing skyrim again.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I just started the game (level 4) and found a butterfly in a jar (in the Alchemist's Shack), but that's it so far. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Probably has something to do with future DLC content. You have to remember Skyrim isn't a whole game, but more so a platform for future sales of DLC content.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I was surprised and creeped out to see a circle in a triangle carved or painted under the bridge in Whiterun. This was after seeing that Paranormal 3 movie where there's demons and that same symbol.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hmmmm, with all this talk of points across the map and central towers, it sounds eerily similar to Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series, anyone on here every read that?

Basically you have x amount of points on the far reaches of the world, all of which align with a central tower, that is "the center of the universe" or something or other, havent read the whole series yet.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Here is an explanation that's perfect for ATS:

new topics

top topics

join