It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ADD anti-plot writing thread: An exercise in shorter-than-short, short stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Short attention span? Can�t think of a story plot or even a character? Well then welcome to the thread of anti-heroes, anti-villains, anti-plots, anti-drama and all around pointlessness. If you enjoy writing or even just want to take a stab at it, sit down for a few moments and be creative. Describe a bird flying into the sun or the philosophical viewpoint of a shoelace or the howling bark of an oak tree. Don�t worry about where your short story will go. It really doesn�t matter if it goes anywhere. Just think of it as an exercise in artistic writing to get your creativity flowing.

[edit on 9-9-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The vibrations startle me alive as I realize I�ve fainted atop my keyboard again. The cubic imprints of keys stain my face. To my dismay, I am forevermore a marked man. Too bold to live and too dead to die, I now exist as prisoner ASDSFEWX. My memory eludes me and I fail to recall my original name, but I know that the crime was always the same.

A soulless carrot shaped box is the source of this desk quake. The wave-chatter careens with my fidgeting exoskeleton and then abruptly ceases. Prying open the box, I discover thousands of miniature iron-head ninjas clad in lint and grape skins. Their age-old war apexes in a maliciously brutal finale as their glass halos shatter with the velocity of mating eagles spiraling to the ground. Their desires sated. Their urges fulfilled. They have completed their purpose by ending their race before reaching the finish line.

I plunge my bony digits into the communal coffin and remove one of the iron-head ninjas that seem to still have a bit of meat left on his corpse. Skipping my evening dinner always gives me the desire for peculiar cuisine. To my shock, it is now apparent that these miniscule warriors are not named for the resilient strength of their craniums, but rather the metallic flavoring after-taste that is unfavorably pungent.

Half gagging, I wisely decide to by-pass the appetizers and dive forth into the main course. �This keyboard will humiliate me no longer,� I think as I eagerly pop the keys into all of the orifices of my face.

join