It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich attacks Va. for keeping him off ballot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — Presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich's campaign attacked Virginia's GOP primary election system on Saturday for keeping him off the state's March 6 Super Tuesday ballot. It was a significant setback for a candidate who has surged in popularity but struggled to organize his campaign.

The state party said that Gingrich, who lives in Virginia, had failed to submit the required 10,000 signatures to appear on the ballot. Texas Gov. Rick Perry also failed to qualify, the state GOP said.

The Gingrich campaign responded that "only a failed system" would disqualify Gingrich and other candidates. It said Gingrich would pursue an aggressive write-in campaign, although state law prohibits write-ins on primary ballots.
news.yahoo.com...

so it looks like Gingrich and Perry too, since he is in the same boat, wont be on the ballots at all in VA. Didnt know that write ins are forbidden in primaries in VA. wonder if they will reverse themselves.

we still do not know why he was rejected from the ballots. he says that it is a broken(sorry "failed") system that caused this problem.

um Newt, didnt ya know the rules ahead of time?
edit on 24-12-2011 by CaDreamer because: gnomes, they are everywhere

edit on 24-12-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Already started a thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are no write ins when it comes to primary elections...there are in general elections....

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What night of the week does this soap opera air in the U.S?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

this is more about Gingrich response to the Va. decision... different article

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is epic!! Newt can't get on the ballot in VA and he lives there. Tells you maybe his neighbors don't care for him much.

Put's a smile on my face

Go Paul!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
failed system? HA

true story:

My girlfriend and I were on a leisurely walk to the local eco-friendly non-chain grocery store (Elwood Thompson's) here in Richmond, Virginia just a few weeks ago. On this lovely day, Elwood Thompson's permitted a Ron Paul street supporter to set up a small table and sign. This particular fellow (very nice man) was collecting signatures in order to get Ron Paul on our VA ballot. He was doing the exact thing that Gingrich wasn't doing.

Ron Paul got on the ballot because he has REAL people "on the ground" supporting him and trying to ensure his success. I haven't seen a single trace of Gingrich support here in Richmond, and I live "in" the city. Richmond is a college town, home to VCU (art oriented) and U of R ($ oriented), among other community colleges. I see Ron Paul stickers and such all the time.

and yes, on that day, The "system" worked perfectly: I signed that petition and thus Ron Paul is on the ballot in VA

edit on 12/24/11 by metalshredmetal because: edit

new topics

top topics

join