It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Have All The Young Girls Gone: Is China Running Out Of Females?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
Glad. you are so concerned for life of Chinese men. Anyone have a good solution for the lack of brides?

There is only lack of bribes in China, not worldwide, so if Chinese men would look around a little more, maybe they would find someone.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
There is only lack of bribes in China, not worldwide, so if Chinese men would look around a little more, maybe they would find someone.

Not likely! In most of the countries on Earth, there are roughly as many women as there are men (almost an even 50%/50% split)... so you think guys in another country are going to allow their women to all be stolen away?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
Not likely! In most of the countries on Earth, there are roughly as many women as there are men (almost an even 50%/50% split)... so you think guys in another country are going to allow their women to all be stolen away?

Hey it is called Survival of the Fittest, and it is happening where those guys like it or not.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The same thing is happening in some parts of India even now. I don't have the exact numbers, but I think the ratios are 1000 males to 700 females on average, which is very very low.

Actually according to the article I quoted above its the opposite. Its a golden age for men:

For comparison's sake, in India where there is a surplus of females and a marriage availability ratio that favors males, this has meant an increase in the dowry that a female's family must pay to the male's family. Dowry inflation can lead to increased discrimination against females as seen in dowry-related violence. It seems that women can't win whether they are in the numerical majority or minority. As one observer wrote, "Being in short supply does not seem to alter women's status and autonomy
www.alexandersanger.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And Chinese girls will have now a better choice of candidates.

Having looked through alot of these article, the chinese girls in the country have little or no choice in the matter. Whoever is willing to pay the best "bride price" is the groom. I don't know about what its like in the Urban areas.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Population:

1,298,847,624 (July 2004 est.)
Age structure:

0-14 years: 22.3% (male 153,401,051; female 135,812,993)
15-64 years: 70.3% (male 469,328,664; female 443,248,860)
65 years and over: 7.5% (male 46,308,923; female 50,747,133) (2004 est.)
Median age:

total: 31.8 years
male: 31.5 years
female: 32.2 years (2004 est.)
Population growth rate:

0.57% (2004 est.)
Birth rate:

12.98 births/1,000 population (2004 est.)
Death rate:

6.92 deaths/1,000 population (2004 est.)

The girls are still there, only now they can be a little more picky on who they marry.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well that was what I heard a couple of days ago from my friends (old ones, not the crackpots), who read a lot of newspaper and are in well tuned with the current situtation there.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
Glad. you are so concerned for life of Chinese men. Anyone have a good solution for the lack of brides?

Zcheng, it really is a simple one. Place equal value on female infants. My neighbor has 3 theat they have adopted from China. All as cute as can be. Thats 3 brides right there.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Actually according to the article I quoted above its the opposite. Its a golden age for men:

This is an old article, about year ago, but from a very good source, like New York times in India.

`Male-female ratio in the country alarming'

" In some districts, the ratio has plummeted to less than about 850 to 1000 boys."

I will try to find a more recent article.

[edit on 9/9/2004 by surfup]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

Hey it is called Survival of the Fittest, and it is happening where those guys like it or not.

True enough!

Originally posted by FredT
Actually according to the article I quoted above its the opposite. Its a golden age for men [in India]:

Whoa!
It's time to take a vacation in India then!
(I've seen some incredibly gorgeous Indian women in my undergrad years of college...)

[edit on 9/9/2004 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I wonder if it some kind of warm and fuzzy ugenics program? Put all those frustrated guys in a army uniform and you have quite a formidable bunch.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join