It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In pictures: Rare lenticular clouds over West Yorkshire, UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

VERY, VERY nice compilation of pics, thanks!!

Yes...what is not always evident ( and I think you touched upon) is/are the effects of air flows, and how they alter the clouds...

Since air is "invisible" to us, we cannot see how it is moving, until we see it affect that which we CAN see! Clouds, for instance

Simple, really.

(EDIT)....your equipment actually captured a few sunspots!!! Nice.....subtle, but still....there they are.

edit on Fri 23 December 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Absolutely fabulous photographs. Thank you for sharing those.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Thank you for the kind words ProudBird.

Very true that clouds (and other atmospheric phenomena) can give us clues as to what our mostly invisible atmosphere is doing. I think many of the "chem-trail crowd" ignoor the fact that our atmosphere is a very dynamic and constantly changing thing, but you only have to look at atmosphecic phenomena like clouds to see just how much so it is.

Those particular photographs I posted showing the mini green flashes/sun spots were actually slightly out of focus - getting perfect focus is a bit hit and miss with my setup (especially with something like the sun) unless I focus via a laptop, but that takes time so I only do it under certain circumstances.

Here is a shot I took of the sun that is focused much better, and you can even see fine detail in the sun spot groups, especially sun spot group 1193. It was taken on the 21st April this year.

The first is a "crop" ("zoomed in") of the original photograph.

This one is a further crop (even more "zoomed in")of the same photograph to show details in the sun spots.

reply to post by Omphale

Thank you Omphale, and you are very welcome.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I love these clouds and see them fairly often living in south Wales albeit rarely as well formed as these. The HAARP comment is truly laughable, sometimes people should consider how ridiculous their desperate attempts to reconcile two impossibly far removed things look before posting, it's like using a sledge hammer to desperately try and make the wrong piece of puzzle fit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join