It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Muslim Excorcism Video Anomaly?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
i need to come across a video camera for you guys.

seriously, if that looked unnatural to you i could show you some stuff to completely freak you out.
well, maybe... things have been quiet around here for a couple of days.

not saying it's fake, just saying that it could have easily been acted out. it does seem like something was overall pushing him down at the same time he is trying to stop it but it is not the most extreme case of possessing anothers movement beyond their will.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Some lunatic screaming and jerking of in his dress? It's bull#. Nothing paranormal about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It's funny that people are saying the guy is or isn't possessed with so much definity. I've dealt with hundreds of possession cases and most were merely a psychological disorder. When I've seen legitimate cases of actual possession it was absolutely impossible in 3/4ths of them to duplicate what happened. Some of them the occupying entity was so weak that you could write it off as a natural occurrence if you weren't there. Some of the cases of the mentally ill, they did things where you'd swear it was supernatural, but it wasn't. Point being unless you are there and know what your looking for, short of levitation, you simply don't know. Watching a video tells you nothing as you aren't there and not everything appears on film and you don't know what sort of "special effects" are involved.

My concern is this... The Vatican doesn't allow exorcisms to be recorded, nor do I and nor does anyone else with a clue what they are doing. You are dealing with an entity that is essentially energy and recording can cause transference. So it always really bothers me when I see these Muslim and Deliverance ministries recording these things. God forbid they actually do it on something that's legitimate.

What happened in that video wouldn't meet the Catholic criteria for possession. His rotation on the floor was interesting but not special. I've seen it happen with a girl on her head stretched out stiff and making a 45 degree angle with the ground. It may be real and it may not, who knows? Impossible to tell with the info we have. But from what I've seen it doesn't cut the mustard, almost every real possession I've seen was infinitely more impressive and almost every severe psychological case I've dealt with that mimiced possession was more impressive.

<< 1   >>

join