It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Greatest Danger With Iran is We'll Overreact and Get Into Another 'Useless War'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ron Paul: Greatest Danger With Iran is We'll Overreact and Get Into Another 'Useless War' Like Iraq

I think parts of this debate response from Paul has already been posted on ATS but it bears repeating again and again. Only one GOP candidate has stated he will not be led into another useless war and that is Ron Paul.

Ron Paul did it again. The libertarian-minded Republican separated himself from the pack of candidates at tonight's debate by urging restraint in response to a possible Iranian nuclear threat, saying the U.S. can ill afford a repeat of its now-concluded war in Iraq.

Paul said there was "no U.N. evidence" that Iran is developing a nuclear weapons program, calling claims to the contrary "war propaganda."

"To me the greatest danger is that we will have a president that will overreact, and we will soon bomb Iran," he said. "We ought to really sit back and think, not jump the gun and believe that we are going to be attacked. That's how we got into that useless war in Iraq and lost so much."

Paul said it "makes more sense" to directly engage with Iran diplomatically. And he even praised President Obama for "wisely backing off on sanctions" against Iran, which he called overreaching.

source
edit on 16-12-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
According to this article - the first steps to the big one are already being taken;
www.debka.com...

Syria Deploys Russian Anti-Sea Missiles on Coast.

"Russian military and diplomatic support for the Assad regime was underscored by the deployment Friday, Dec. 16, of advanced Moscow-supplied Yakhont (SSN-26) shore-to-sea missiles along Syria's Mediterranean shore to fend off a potential Western-Turkish invasion by sea. Last week, Russia airlifted to Syria 3 million face masks against chemical and biological weapons and the Admiral Kutznetsov carrier and strike group was sent on its way to Syria's Mediterranean port of Tartus.
Russian naval sources in Moscow stressed that the flotilla is armed with the most advanced weapons against submarines and aerial attack. Upon arrival, the Russian craft will launch a major marine-air maneuver in which Syrian units will take part."

I really don't think it's Ron Paul we need to worry about - he'll become small fry believe me.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

I don't trust debka but I also can't blame these countries for finally taking a stand against us.

Iran is not Iraq! When we installed a puppet regime there...They overthrew it!
They also have a lot of reasons to be pissed at us...over 50 years worth!

This will be worse than Iraq! A lot worse!

join