It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem with Multimedia Keyboard and onscreen display

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
ok once upon a time before this issue and letting strangers tamper with my settings, when I pushed the "volume" controls on my keyboard, I got a volume level displayed on screen.

Suddenly, the volume bars come up, distorted (too big, too spread out), and they don't go up or down even though the volume does.

I had Logitech Setpoint installed which makes no sense to me because I have nothing logitech - my keyboard and mouse are HP - the setpoint program has been there as long as I can remember and I never had issues with it before, but this time around when I went into the setpoint, there was no keyboard icon.

After EXTENSIVE research - I can find no trouble shooting for my multimedia label displays, and got a lot of disgusting feedback on setpoint so I uninstalled it altogether.

Other than the volume label being messed up, one button which is normally labeled Burn CD/DVD (and is labeled that as well in windows keyboard settings), puts the words "Launching Digital Media Plus" which I googled and this makes no sense because its a sonic product which I removed immediately after purchasing this PC 2 years ago.

The play/pause, previous, next, stop, etc buttons are all OK and display properly - right now only the volume and the burn buttons are screwy.

In keyboard settings I clicked "Global Preferences" under the "Buttons" tab - it appears to give me text options, but nothing I do there seems to make a difference

Since everyone here was awesomely helpful on my last issue, I was hoping you could help me out with this one. Is there something I'm missing, or perhaps a better software I can install for multimedia keyboard displays.

To help explain, here is a screenshot showing 3 different buttons being pressed

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Did anyone mess with your startup programs?
I would uninstall all programs associated with the keyboard and try to reinstall.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Try this: en.kioskea.net...

Have you installed any new programs?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I did come across that in my searches, but I forgot all about it - will download quickset and give it a go ♥

ETA, oops, I didn't download that cause I don't have a Dell..... not sure its a good idea to do so.... anyone else have thoughts on that?

I have not tried installing anything else - I keep thinking this is a basic issue and I'm missing something simple

I get the feeling that its reading from that Logitech thing instead of windows settings - because I've messed with the windows keyboard settings like a freak and nothing has changed - but I no longer have a working file for that logitech keyboard/mouse - I forget the name already

Anyway it should be optional - the keyboard SHOULD be doing what its supposed to do with just windows settings - all the drivers are there and most recent
edit on 12-12-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Delete all the devices (keyboards, HID keyboards) in the device manager under keyboards and reboot.
edit on 12/12/2011 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

yeah... no luck
I did that earlier but then I messed with stuff - at one point I didn't get any onscreen display
I just tried it again, failed

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I would just uninstall that software completly (the setpiont stuff) and see if theres a OSD software product for your keyboard/mouse combo.

Alternativly reinstall the latest version of setpoint anyways and see if its fixed.

Nice to hear you found the source of your PC power issue, somthing i will post here instead that you may want to consider if you have dodgy wiring in your house, using a small UPS device (uninteruptable power source) this will keep your pc running if the power goes out, for like 10 minutes, perfect for places that have brown outs alot.

new topics

top topics

join