It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morphing faces, perspective, and locations in Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I didn't know what else to title this, or even less how to explain it but I'll give it a shot and hope it's explanatory enough to be understood.

During 99% of my dreams, I will know the location that I'm at in the dream...for example; my parents home. However, it looks NOTHING at all like my parents real-life home. Not that their house is the only example of it, there are multiple that I know where I am or I think I know where I am, but it doesn't correspond to what it is in real life.
Peoples faces morph. They do it quite constantly - from one face to another, to a monster, to a cat, to a flower, over and over and over and over yet they never seem to miss a beat in whatever action they are performing. For some reason in the dream none of this strikes me as odd. I have very little recollection of my real life world in these dreams.
My perspective changes. Sometimes I'm first person - other times I'm outside myself watching like some sort of doppleganger.

This has been going on for at least 10 years. I usually have to hurry and write them down if I want to think about them later because usually five minutes after waking all that is left of the memories are the things I listed above.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Awhile back when I was 19years old, I was trying to quit smoking and just happened to be visiting the doctor for an over due check up. It was here that I was recommended by the doctor to take a new drug "Chantix". I agreed because I couldn't fight the urges to smoke.

So I started taking chantix, a 1/2 pill in the morning and 1/2 pill at night with dinner. All was well until about 3-4 days into the regime. I was off the "small dose" and taking the "regular dose" (full pill morning and night). After this I started having these weird dreams.

I started having very weird dreams. It wasn't like the normal dreams I was used to having (completely random location involving completely random things). These dreams started happening from the time I closed my eye until the time I opened them, yes the dreams lasted the entire time I was asleep. I would awake every morning after these dreams feeling as if I had been running a marathon all night, as if I had never gone to sleep in the first place.

Alright so now you know the basis of what started the dreams. Now let me tell you about what was actually going on during them.

About 2-3 days into having these strange all night dreams, I started recognizing that what I was dreaming was actually what I was thinking about before I had actually gone to sleep. It was as if I had went to bed and woke up in a completely different world or something like that. I would dream about all sorts of crazy things like being in car accidents and just tragic things that would be death of myself or my family/friends. The dreams would last the entire time I was asleep. I started to realized I could manipulate what I was dreaming by what thoughts I was having before I went to sleep. So I started to do just that. I had a girlfriend at the time "a real freak in the sheets" if you catch my drift. She would always be over at my house every night until she had to be home. (curfew). So every night we would do crazy sexual things. Anyway I started to have these threesome and whatever sexual fantasies I could think of. "Thoughts" These thoughts were not just imaginary because as soon as I went to sleep it started happening as if it were real. I know it sounds so stupid, but I assure you that what I am saying is true and it really does happen. I was having dreams of all my sexual fantasies every single night.

As crazy as that may sound it really left me extremely tired and cranky in the mornings because it felt as if I had never gone to sleep after waking up. It almost cost me my job at the time because I flipped out on my boss for no apparent reason really, just the feeling of lack of sleep that was making me so moody.

Anyway, I quit taking Chantix after about 45days because I had already quit smoking (thank you chantix) and I was just sick and tired of being tired ALL the damn time. Every night was like a running marathon it was just ridiculous.

edit on 20-11-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

I have a "they say" perspective for you. You know "they" right? It has been said that whenever you dream of any kind of building that you associate with in a dream, thats "you". The real you. How we really see our whole selves.
The perspective you have in the dream is from your soul? When inside the building or house you are in your body. When outside the building you are outside your body. (in the spirit?) So if your dream shows your "parents house" but you don't recognize it, you are really thinking that maybe your parents are to involved in your life? Dunno, just thinking out loud.

Some people are in a car or on a boat they don't recognize, but travel in in their dreams. Same thing. The kind of building or structure is telling. It could be a dark castle or a sunny cottage. It might change over time as we go thru changes in our real life. Disorganized people say their "house" is cluttered or dirty, rundown, etc. Other people like my mom say she is always searching long corridors in a big labyrinth. She is an anxious, fearful person who is always looking for stuff she has misplaced. Awake or asleep.
I had a dream once where I went down this circle stairwell to a basement where all my bad habits were preserved in stone. Told me I have unresolved issues.

Try comparing what you think of your self to the kind of building you see in your dreams and maybe there are similarities. Only you can tell if they fit...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
During 99% of my dreams, I will know the location that I'm at in the dream...for example; my parents home. However, it looks NOTHING at all like my parents real-life home. Not that their house is the only example of it, there are multiple that I know where I am or I think I know where I am, but it doesn't correspond to what it is in real life.

Dream versions of places are not literal. When you dream of home, the dream version is a composite all the homes you've ever lived in.

You only have one city in dreams, one home (not childhood home and current home), only one river, only one mall. You may know the name of the city you're in while dreaming, but it is built from pieces of all the cities you've ever been to. You could know you're in one city, walk through a mall, and exit into a different city on the other side.

As for the shifting faces and such, everything requires your attention to exist in dreams. Your attention isn't focused as strongly on those aspects, and they shift until they capture your attention again and stabilize.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

This is something I was talking to my husband about the other day. In my dreams I am often myself but not myself. To be exact it's the essence of me in different packaging. Different body, somtimes different sex, yet it's me and I know this without question. Likewise my husband from time to time appears in my dreams and he is always him and yet sometimes not him. Same thing, different body, age, whatever and yet I recognize him as my husband. I don't know what this means but I find it fascinating and intriguing.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthAwesome

I've had EXACTLY the same thing happen....my kids that didn't look like mine, but I knew they were. A wife that didn't look like mine, but was...and somehow I knew it. I've had entire dreams play out where the story didn't change but the players and location did. For example, riding in the car with your spouse....a few moments later you're walking down the road holding a cat....then you're swimming across a river....then you're flying somehow...then you arrive at your destination. All this while you spouse has changed forms as well.

top topics

join