It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xmass tree tax got the ax.. for now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com... from the link

The U.S. Department of Agriculture is going to delay implementation and revisit a proposed new 15 cent fee on fresh-cut Christmas trees, sources tell ABC News. The fee, requested by the National Christmas Tree Association in 2009, was first announced in the Federal Registry yesterday and has generated criticism of President Obama from conservative media outlets.
seems we the people have had enough of tax this tax that. even though this is not a Fed tax but a tax just the same we do not need it

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
"The National Christmas Tree Association"? Nahhhh....... Our government isn't too big at all!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
"The National Christmas Tree Association"? Nahhhh....... Our government isn't too big at all!

Caught that as well.

Next: "The Easter Egg Management Agency"

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There are already 2 threads discussing this...oh well, I'll copy and paste my response from those two:

White House spokesman Matt Lehrich told ABC News that despite some media coverage, “I can tell you unequivocally that the Obama Administration is not taxing Christmas trees. What’s being talked about here is an industry group deciding to impose fees on itself to fund a promotional campaign, similar to how the dairy producers have created the ‘Got Milk?’ campaign.”

*Emphasis is mine

abcnews.go.com...

This is a non-story. The x-mas tree industry wants to impose the fee on itself, so let them.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I heard Wall st. didn't like this.

Oh well, families do.

new topics

top topics

join