It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Think after the Nov 9 shutdown, they will be able to bring things back up?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
This topic has been beat to death, it's just a test and not a shutdown. It's just testing the EBS system in case of a natural/man made disaster. I believe it's long over due.

YES!!!! Read this ^

It is simply a test.... what we're seeing is a perfect of example of FEAR; people all worried about anything they read a headline about.

Here's how it's gonna go down...

listening to Metallica's Enter Sandman...
middle of the song -- "WE INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM FOR A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM"

--- three minutes go by ---

radio resumes.

try to relax people... or find something else to hold your anxiety. THIS IS NOT IT!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Because all Americans stay in their home cities and never travel anywhere?

Because anything local can affect the nation?

For one, the majority of the US populations lives on the east coast and a smaller on the west coast.

If there is a massive snowstorm in the northeast, all planes and trains going to that area have to be rerouted.
So that person doing a layover in Detroit waiting to go to NYC is screwed.

Because when the terrorists were crashing planes into buildings, at the time no one knew where they were going to hit next.
Because if a ship is shot down in the ocean by an unknown source, we want to know what is happening to our servicemen and women.
edit on 3-11-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yes, that is all well and good but you have not answered my question. why is it necessary for complete interruption and overriding of all broadcasts?

Wherever the emergency is, the EBS system already in place can handle it as far as everyone else, they will be notified by the media that is going to be interrupted by the national ebs.

Your response to me made very little sense and did not even come close to answering my question.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join