It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wake up, i'm home

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Granted, this is a world of illusion filled with deception that we live in. I do believe though that many people are waking up. My family members and some of my friends and others who would roll their eyes at me in the past
and not take these things seriously, have been having a change of heart in the last few months. Now, they are asking ME questions without being prompted and are even studying things on their own. Alot of people KNOW there is something terribly wrong in this world today, that corruption is seemingly everywhere and we have all been reduced to a dollar amount. Yet how much of this fearful kind of awakening is due to the mass media in the form of tv shows based on death, killing, psychopaths and movies such as "2012 You Were Warned". I know longer have a tv but a relative of mine does and when I visit her and watch a bit of it I am repulsed by it. The TV has an almost physical effect on me. The quick, almost subliminal flashing lights make me almost feel dizzy. The shots of dead bodies on the CSI type shows make me feel ill. The demonic images flashed advertising for the latest horror movie sends a shock wave. Even HGTV, the Home network shows like Househunters have occultic symbols in them, in every episode. I can only watch a few minutes of this stuff before I have to leave the room.

I would gladly take part in a protest in which people take their televisions and violent video game players and smash them all to hell in a public place. We shouldn't have to move out to the woods to escape from this onslaught of continuous brainwashing. There will never be a utopian way of life on this earth, we cannot go back to the Garden so to speak, perhaps the answer is to live simply and find peace within ourselves and try to walk in courage, compassion, kindness, strength, truth, integrity and humbleness. I think it's good to fight for truth and justice and to also remember that we mere individual humans were probably not made to carry the weight of the entire world on our shoulders. There are greater forces at work on a spiritual level and like in some movies, good will win out in the end. Evil will be defeated because evil in it's very nature, destroys itself eventually. It eats itself in the end. That is the nature of the beast. But in the meantime, it's good to fasten your seatbelt and hold on to the anchor of all that is good in this world.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by batgirl

Its pointless to complain about it, you should just ignore what u dont like and pursue things that make u feel good.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

how are you solving the issues of this thread chad? by using that old faithful of yours of reducing any 'outrage' to a matter of subjective moralistic ideals that the outraged should be ashamed of....

you're outraged about this...why not that too? shame on you shame shame!!!!

its a little bit sad chad. Try leading by example. Try educating people yourself instead of rubbing # in their faces.

-TF

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ThoughtForms

I'm not outraged.

As a matter of fact I couldn't give a rats arse in all honestly...

But since I'm here...

I am a little perturbed though, by those who are enraged by our society, yet do nothing themselves to at least belay their rage.

What's telling an audience that are already mostly "in the know" going to achieve?

edit on 2/11/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

What do you suggest people do about it? The only way to defeat the current system is with money, and when you get that much money, you are corrupted just like them. Instead of talking down to people, why don't you suggest what can be done?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

I'm not the one complaining about it, so why should I propose a solution?

Where are the solutions from the ones who are complaining about it?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Quetzalcoatl12

yea. a resource based economy. a LETS program. neighborhood councils.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

... Then what, what is the answer people?

Get rid of money... do away with it.
Paper and metal, and we all covet it and it makes us hate our neighbour.

Bit we can't, can we? Who would be in charge and for what goal?
Who would shovel the sh*t and who would count the shovels?

We're a species that has honed it's practice of standing on others
shoulders to get what we want -down to a fine art.

Now... where's my purse.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by TechniXcality

... Then what, what is the answer people?

Get rid of money... do away with it.
Paper and metal, and we all covet it and it makes us hate our neighbour.

Bit we can't, can we? Who would be in charge and for what goal?
Who would shovel the sh*t and who would count the shovels?

We're a species that has honed it's practice of standing on others
shoulders to get what we want -down to a fine art.

Now... where's my purse.

are you a boy in a dress? how should i accept that? being that your only proof is what you say on the e net?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by TechniXcality
i have to repeat because no one answered..

So what is the answer!!!! # Im tired of this #, if communism doesn’t work! As we all know absolute power corrupts absolutely, and capitalism doesn’t work, for the very same reason! Than what, what is the answer people?
edit on 1-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

Cooperation.

It requires mankind to shift their thoughts from what is good for themselves, to what is good for humanity. Once focussed on humanity, then will man prosper in freedom and peace.

Or as another said...

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power, then the world will know peace." - Jimi

With Love,

Your Brother

what beautful lies.. Please wisper into your lover's ear as the world ends..You see "man" will never respect humanity, as long as there are men/women.. As much as i love the world of utopia, i realize it is just that, an absurdity. We live in this world!! you know the world where 70 year old men get raped, for not having a twenty spot. So here's my reaction to it all. If the world is going to # my family and the things that i love. Im going to # it! and FIGHT at whatever cost for good and justice. Sadly in this world peace is just another way to say,"I GIVE UP".
edit on 6-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

what beautful lies.. Please wisper into your lover's ear as the world ends..You see "man" will never respect humanity, as long as there are men/women.. As much as i love the world of utopia, i realize it is just that, an absurdity. We live in this world!! you know the world where 70 year old men get raped, for not having a twenty spot. So here's my reaction to it all. If the world is going to # my family and the things that i love. Im going to # it! and FIGHT at whatever cost for good and justice. Sadly in this world peace is just another way to say,"I GIVE UP".

What troubles you must have seen to have such a hopeless outlook on the future my friend.

It takes far more strength and courage to stand for peace than it does to fight for war. Fighting is another way of saying "I GIVE UP!" to reason, for there is no way anyone can reason that peace is obtainable through a fight.

There is no doubt that the world is troubled right now. It is as it has been written.

It is the result of Man believing he can be the arbiter of good and justice.

That role is made for one.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Great post.

I completely agree with you. Everything on television is for profit. Although I will say that there are channels that are mostly for the education of the viewer, these channels are scarce and far in between. I'm amazed at how some people can sit and watch things that completely idolize other people, like alot of the shows that come on MTV. I wish everything revolved around truth. The worst in my opinion s FOX news, because they pretend that they are informing you when really they are solely responsible for the majority of the "dumbing" down Americans, thus the nickname "The Biggest Propaganda Machine In the World".
Thank you and peace.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The reason the world is so terrible is precisely because people think like this.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by raj9721

It is shocking that from 1980 to present day the number of corporations controlling our media including tv, newspapers, movies, music, books and etc. went from the 20's to just 5. Five corporations controlling our view of the world.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherSon
Brilliant post. Couldn't help but be reminded of "They Live."

I didn't realize it the first time i saw "They Live", but the movie is feakin' awesome in its themes and messages. "They Live" is the NWO retold with an alien bent.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join