It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are your Heroes?

page: 1

join
share:
AF1

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
In this day and age, who are your heroes? Are they all dead, or do you have heroes who are still alive?

My dad is probably my only hero. He achieved exactly what I want to, has a job which he enjoys, a family and a modest house. I admire him because he has put up with so much #, and has proved to me that working hard is all that is needed to succeed in life.

I guess another hero of mine would be Patton. He never buckled to the pressure to conform, and truly believed what he said. He was a true leader, and was extremely effective at what he did.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The Atkinson family: they have been better to me than my own family. They've accepted, loved and emotionally supported me the entire time I've been in England. They are my biggest fans and most loyal friends. They are the salt of the Earth and have modelled for me how a close, loving family behave towards one another. They are without a doubt, the best people I've ever had the pleasure and privilege to know.

I love them all very much,
Deep

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:49 AM
link   
SANDOKAN, the malaysia tiger
Han Solo (I prefer him to Luke Skywalker)
Cao-Cao (A chinese military)
Nansen (A shaolin master)
SanGoku (The ideal pure heroe)
Ulysses and his son, T�l�mak
Yuri and Kei (Dirty Pair)

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My grandfather has influced me greatly in my life. I look up to him and I love him dearly. My father aslo helped me and gave me advice. But we all have our fictional hereos mine are

Indiana Jones

Han Solo

and of course Yoda and R2-D2.

[Edited on 4-9-2003 by JediMaster]

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I only have two:

Spiderman
Ron Jeremy

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You gotta give kudos to a man as ugly as that, who's had more beautiful women (albeit sluts) than any of us will ever have in 2 dozen lifetimes, hehe....
And got PAID for it! He's living proof that you can indeed, sell your soul to the devil....

My personal heroes....

YODA

Kain from Kung Fu

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS[
SanGoku (The ideal pure heroe)

Yeah!!!! Goku!!! Yeah, good ole Son Goku's pure.... Not smart, but pure...

Mine are:
Jesus(Man, i'm surprised no one has mentioned Him yet!!
). How can the Big Cheese of Religion not be your hero? Damn, He forgave more people than I could ever think of forgiving if they had sinned against me. Jesus is awesome!!

My dad. I may say i hate him a lot of the time, but I get a lot of my personality and looks from him, and i must say, there is no one who gets more determined than him. O' course, i didn't get his atheletic ability.

Einstein. He opposed evil ttill there was nothing left to oppose. Kudos to him.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
No question, my parents are my heroes. They have done everything and then some for me and I will never in a lifetime be able to repay them for what they have given me.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My hero's are the one's fighting the war in Iraq right now, I have utter most respect for them and always will.

AF1

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm glad someone said spiderman. His form of vigilantism is frowned on in today's society. He would be sued for doing what he does. The oppressors have now become the victims when they don't succeed. Thanks to lawyers and ignorant people, someone who was trying to rape a young woman but didn't get away with it because someone got in the way, could be seen as the victim if hurt. Since when did doing what's right become politically incorrect?

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I would have to say my parents and my grandmother. They are the most important people in my life.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Pretty much all of the superheros use that form of vigilantism. Punisher, Spiderman, and Batman are perfect examples...

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
To me and unlucky folks,
my old man was as tough as leather and hard as a "coffin nail", he was was short but as strong as an ox. Apart from from that he had a few haha "special moves" which will be handed down.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
My father and The Late General Patton are two definate heros of mine.

I also highly regard, The Late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr./ The Late Princess Diana of Wales/ The Late Paul Wellstone/ Retired Air Force Major Richard Harris/ Coach Bray/ The Late Bernard Spinoza/ My Old Friend Jeff Emerson/ The Late Benjamin Franklin/ The Late Dr. Sigmud Freud/ The Late Lelia Khalid/ Rudy Guliani/ The Late Thomas Paine/ The Late Malcom X/

I am sure there are more. Not every hero of mine can even be known by myself and others. Heroism comes at a price. Freedom doesn't, or at least it shouldn't. The real freedoms we enjoy are enabled by the police departments and the government. So in essence those are my greatest heros.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
George W. Bush
Ronald Reagan
John F. Kenedy
everyone who has put on the uniform of the United States military

[Edited on 4/10/2003 by AegisFang]

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
DeepW., sounds like some great people you've met.

Aegis, your list reads like mine, throw in the founding fathers, Abe, Truman and especially Reagan! Most of all though, my grandfather: He served in WW II receiving a Purple Heart. Among other health problems he was a cancer survivor and cared for my quadriplegic aunt while serving public office most of his adult life. He didn�t have an enemy, never lost his temper and never once bitched or complained. He enouraged me all my life. Truly a member of our greatest generation He passed 2 years ago this week.

[Edited on 11-4-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
even though I only new him a little more then 2 years of my life, not a day goes by that he's not in my thoughts. Everything that he was and did remains alive in me...

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
my greatest inspiration was my 'brother' ricky. he wasn't really my brother but he was like that, he my mentor and taught me a lot about the world, ever since i was small. he killed himslef two years ago, but he always told me to never forget what you're goal is. "know the world only as you see it and think about others than yourself, cos in the end it's them who matter, not you. " i went through so much in the last five years, and there's been a lot of pain, but i've accepted it. loss is something we all must face. unfortunately, he wasn't strong enough to take it anymore. 23 is way too young to die. friends and family are all ya got, and while you may not like them at times, or a lot as in my case, you have to think of what they'll feel if you do something rash.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
billy the cat was my first superhero in the beano he was replaced by and to this day spiderman.i think hes the most human comicstrip hero of them all.my only real life hero is muhamid ali.

top topics

join