It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answer this one question, but think it through first

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes.
I'd do it without even thinking.
And I love my family and all, I think they would understand, they know I'm kinda weird.

We live in a very stressful time, years ago, when we wanted to expand our frontiers of the "known world" we just needed a boat.
Now, our borders are WAY out there, but we STILL need exploration and discovery, it's what we are.
So yes, I would even sign up for a one-way trip to mars, and would give my life trying to establish a colony there.
(underground caves ftw!)

Good question!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
What's the point in leaving this planet? It's only under threat from ourselves.
Tell that to the dinosaurs. They were wiped out by a rock the size of Mt Everest falling from the sky.

That will probably happen again and we should have a colony off the planet when it does, but even if we could prevent it, the sun is going to make Earth inhabitable, so we have to get off Earth for that reason. All the oceans will boil away and there won't be one drop of water anywhere, nothing can survive that.

I suspect colonizing outer planets like maybe Mars would be the first step to getting a colony off the Earth.

Before I'd go further, I'd want to send a probe to assess the conditions of a more distant planet. Only after the probe returned results would I consider going. You have to know if there's a breathable atmosphere, etc.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
What I would sacrifice my life for would be to put all the poor misguided destroyers, warmongers and psycopaths into a spaceship and send them to an uninhabitted (by any poor creature) planet, where they could do some thinking.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
we have a Kabal of Earth haters in charge of our planet right now ,that are busy destroying our oceans killing and torturing and marginalizing us and fracking their way to total eco annihilation

we have to figure out how to get them of planet, fix the one we have and then maybe we'll have something to offer the Galaxy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join