It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May we come together regardless of Faith to pray for Christian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

he should speak as someone who "claims" to be a christian, that what Iran is doing is wrong... as they are attacking his own faith as well

but then again whenever there is pressure our president usually stays quiet

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nutzmctaffy

Did you totally ignore what I posted? He is not on trial because he change faiths its because of other reasons. This is a western made up lie. Are you saying there are no christians allowed in Iran?

edit on 1-10-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This belongs in the RF&T forum, not the O&C forum.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

It literally has nothing to do with Evolution or creationism. I wonder why the moderators are ticked off.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm not really sure where people keep coming along and saying this has nothing to do with his faith and his being Christian isn't why he's being murdered by the Iranian system. Just a QUICK glance over this story shows those statements to be wrong, if not outright disinformation to spin a terrible situation so the Iranians look a little less monsterous.

According to Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW), although a court subsequently determined that he was not a practicing Muslim adult when he became a Christian “the court has decided that he remains guilty of apostasy because he has Muslim ancestry.” Back in court on Sunday and Monday this week, Nadarkhani faced renewed pressure to disavow his faith, on pain on death. CSW cited sources close the case as saying two more sessions have been scheduled, for Tuesday and Wednesday – and “if he continues to refuse, he will be executed thereafter.”

Source

OP, thanks for making the thread. In a world where people are increasingly singing the praises of Sharia law and suggesting it can somehow co-exist in a nation with Western legal principles, it's important to recall how backward and primitive some of those Sharia concepts truly are, in my view.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

sorry I am still new here... was'nt sure where

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

seriously.....

I did read what you wrote...... and I don't live in Iran so I don't know simply don't know... I know there are chrisitans there and the last execution for a not being in a certain faith happened in 1990...

and I agree with the fact that Our media lies... I will admit that....

to me and MY OPINION it seems as if Iran is trying to cover the Faith thing with Rape now... so
Realistically if I had to side with Our Media here in the United states who lies and Iran who Lies I am going to pick the US even though I know somethings.. not trying to make this a fight... all I understand is that A man with a family is being put to death because of faith... I find it odd that IRAN came up with some " new" charges to cover the "faith" charge after the world was like HELL NO IRAN... so they covered their ass and changed it....

but then again all my opinion

but I did not ignore you brother I don't ignore anyone

be safe and god bless u

firecrotch out

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tony4211

as I said sorry guys I am new here... I was a longtime member at GLP so the whole topics area was a lil grey for me...

if I am in the wrong place please have a mod move this..

not trying to start fecal matter with anyone..

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

thanks for the support...

god bless u

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Some Muslims think they must kill innocent nonbelievers to prove their worth to their God. This Pastor will be be killed for his faith without him killing anyone, he'll probably even forgive and pray for his murderers.

I wonder which Religion is the stronger one??

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
They are so wrong for this and I pray for him, his family and all the Christians there. I also pray for the Muslims who
would rather kill than love. One day may all humans know love and not hate.
So sad we do this to one another and it is 2011............nothing has changed in thousands of years. You would think the Iranians would see the ignorance of the killing. so sad............He is a brave soul. May he be rewarded for it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Yes. I reported it yesterday, but perhaps the moderators’ attention was elsewhere.

Actually, I think this thread should be removed. It’s just Muslim-baiting by Bible-belting Christians.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
what it amounts to is this man was murderd because of his christian faith. No matter how you try to defend it or cover it up the bottom line is he was killed because he dared to serve a real God rather than follow the false teachings of a murderous religion of hate. He wouldnt conform to what the government wanted so they killed him. That would be like america killing a muslim because he refuses to convert it is uncalled for and barbaric. No matter what the country says to tryin cover it up the fact still remains they are killing him because he went agianst the grain and stood for his beliefs which are the right beliefs.

That said. Some people on this website disgust me. The OP posts a simple request for everyone to bind togather and pray for a man who is about to be murdered for no reason. Instead of doing it or just overlooking and keeping your mouth shut you have to come on and desecrate this post with your meaningless comments. Have a little respect here this man is being killed for his beliefs, how many of you would have the balls to stand up for something you believe in??? NOT A ONE OF YOU im sure. If i was holding a gun to your head and told you renounce your beliefs or i would kill you everyone of you posting these negative comments would crumble and renounce anything I told you to renounce just to save your pathetic lives because you have no backbone. yet you want to sit behind a computer and rag this man and rag on the OP because they decide to post something meaningful instead of so much of the garbage that is posted on this site here as of late. What ever happend to the theme of denying ignorance??? It is people like you that are decreasing the decency of this site.

to the OP: dont let what a few of the ignorant amongst us say change what you post.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
what it amounts to is this man was murderd because of his christian faith. No matter how you try to defend it or cover it up the bottom line is he was killed because he dared to serve a real God rather than follow the false teachings of a murderous religion of hate.

Believe it or not, Christians and Muslims follow the same God.

No matter what the country says to tryin cover it up the fact still remains they are killing him because he went agianst the grain and stood for his beliefs which are the right beliefs.

What makes it the right belief? It's not called faith for a reason. If it's absolute, why call it faith.

That said. Some people on this website disgust me.

My irony senses are beginning to tingle.

The OP posts a simple request for everyone to bind togather and pray for a man who is about to be murdered for no reason. Instead of doing it or just overlooking and keeping your mouth shut you have to come on and desecrate this post with your meaningless comments. Have a little respect here this man is being killed for his beliefs, how many of you would have the balls to stand up for something you believe in??? NOT A ONE OF YOU im sure. If i was holding a gun to your head and told you renounce your beliefs or i would kill you everyone of you posting these negative comments would crumble and renounce anything I told you to renounce just to save your pathetic lives because you have no backbone.

Yep, there it is. Another empty threat, I wouldn't renounce what I believe in because it upsets you. You have serious issues if you would go out and take another's life because it doesn't conform to yours. That's the evil in religion and it reeks in Christianity; just as it does in Islam.

yet you want to sit behind a computer and rag this man and rag on the OP because they decide to post something meaningful instead of so much of the garbage that is posted on this site here as of late. What ever happend to the theme of denying ignorance??? It is people like you that are decreasing the decency of this site.

You aren't helping it much. If you are going to spout "deny ignorance" at least enlighten those who lack the proper knowledge you seem to possess. Don't spread mythology and personal beliefs as knowledge either.

to the OP: dont let what a few of the ignorant amongst us say change what you post.

Learn what the word means before you use it. People are entitled to an opinion. The only ignorance that is showing was your rant.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Prayers sent

There might be a spark of hope

'Minor victory' in Iranian pastor case

TEHRAN (BP) -- The attorney for imprisoned Iranian pastor Yousef Nadarkhani has confirmed that Iran's Supreme Court will review his case if the appeals court returns it, CNN reported Oct. 13.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I can't believe this guy might end up getting himself killed because he managed to choose the wrong imaginary entity. Yes how courageous of him to admit his unyielding faith and devotion to this imaginary sky fairy. Jeez. Replace the word courageous with "delusional" and it's more accurate. He's dying for absolutely nothing, another life utterly wasted.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join