It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Serious Question for the Gay Agenda.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Old77

Old77, I think if you wanted a response to your questions from the gay community, you shouldn't have worded your thread title "A Serious Question for the Gay Agenda." The title seems a little biased, as if gays are trying to "impose" something on you.

I have to give you credit for asking questions in an attempt to understand this issue, but I also agree with another member who said this type of question is very personal to be asking of another. I think it's cool that some of our members who are in the position to do so are coming to the thread and offering answers for you, despite this fact.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i know 'heterosexuals' that have had more sex with the same sex,

than 'homosexuals.

why does this happen? because nearly 80 percent of pubescent adolescents experiment with 'buddies' at some point in life. i do think that's disgusting, not because of the homosexuality, but because of the uncurbed lusty behavior.

at least in the West, dumbed down sheeple - including youth!- have been instilled with 'horny' agenda, whether gay or straight or whatever.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Exactly, we should only engage in sexuality when we don't feel any lust.
Think of the flag and all the angels in heaven watching you, and do your duty!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by ignant

Exactly, we should only engage in sexuality when we don't feel any lust.
Think of the flag and all the angels in heaven watching you, and do your duty!

Perhaps that's what one way of thinking of it. Personally, I believe in Karma. Karma makes so much sense I see it everywhere around me. Basically, our choices have consequences, and poor choices brings about negative consequences.

Say Kyle starts sleeping around with guys he finds attractive but has no emotional feelings for whatsoever. A number of things start to happen. His friend Adam might frown on that behavior and remove himself from Kyle's life. His "friend" Steve decides he doesn't like Kyle either and calls him a slut, which hurts Kyles feelings.

Also, Tim, a guy whom Kyle sleeps with on a regular basis, starts to develop romantic feelings for Kyle. Kyle cannot return those romantic feelings, thus hurting Tim in the process. Kyle might not see that his actions are hurting Tim and does not attempt to fix his actions.

A few months later, sure enough, the reverse situation happens to Kyle. This time Kyle romantically falls in love with Jake, another guy he started sleeping with. However Jake looks at Kyle as a sexual object and not as a human being. Jake ends up treating Kyle very poorly, and Kyle puts up with this caustic behavior for a very long time. Kyle's self-esteem hits the drain. He starts to wonder why Jake does not feel the same way towards him. Kyle feels unworthy of love, especially since he hasn't felt love in a very long time. He forgets that Tim was willing to give Kyle that love, but that is because Kyle didn't see Tim at all. Kyle only saw Tim as a sexual object.

Kyle becomes depressed, and seeks out other men like Jake. All of these men treat Kyle the same way, and Kyle becomes so depressed he takes out his anger on his friends. Eventually, Kyle has little to no friends, doesn't love his life, so he resorts to drugs and alcohol to temporarily relieve himself from his pain. He then develops a drug and alcohol addiction, and has more meaningless sex to make him feel better. Of course none of it actually makes him feel better truly, and Kyle continues the perpetual cycle of feeling worthless, while feeding himself with drugs and alcohol that are his only escape.

Moral of the story, our choices have consequences, whether we can foresee those consequences or not. It's up to us to take responsibility for our actions and make the better choices to help improve our lives.
edit on 9/15/2011 by Xaberz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Old77

I'm not gay myself, but my brother is, and I grew up with him, so I've got some insight into this.

No, I don't think he was EVER attracted to girls the way I am. He wanted to be "friends" with them from an early age, did the same things they did, etc.

Only in retrospect, can I see all the signs were there. So yeah, I don't think it's a choice...it's simply how they are.

I can't even comprehend what makes a guy attracted to another guy. I mean sure, I can identify someone as handsome...but I don't even get what women see in us, let alone other dudes.

Still, to each his own I suppose. Who am I to stand in the way of others' happiness?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm a bi-sexual woman. I have a kiddy, and her dad and I are happy and settled.
It was literally 50/50, I could just as easily be with a woman.

I don't see gender, I see people. If I like a person, and have feelings for them, that's all there is to it.
My first ever 'crush' was on an actress named Katherine cullen (google her, I have great taste..
) She was in a childrens programme, and I would have been about to turn 13 I think. I thought she was the most beautiful person I'd ever seen. I never worried about what I thought about her, I guess I'm so lucky that I didn't NEED to give it a second thought, because no-one around me would have batted an eyelid. My family feel the same way, even the older generations..

I didn't make any choices. I just am. I live, and love indiscriminately. Love is love. I just wanted what everyone wants... someone who 'gets' me. I didn't put conditions on that.

I struggle to understand why people who love the same sex is an issue at all.
Especially when it comes to religion. Because I've read the bible, and I think I must be reading it in a different tone of voice to most people...
The bible is filled with love. Love thy neighbour, love this, love that. Love thyself. Love god.
I'm not a big follower of religion, but if there's a god, then I'm sure he just wants everyone to love. To love him, and to love each other.
Isn't that the message guys?
Why is love so hard for some people to stomach?
Love in it's purest form is is a phenomenal feeling, it's a gift, it's amazing, it's beautiful, life-changing.
WHO THE HELL CARES WHAT PACKAGE IT COMES IN?
(And why does anyone else care what package other people find it in?)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Question.

My daughter is 6' tall and at age 20 made the most stunning bride, with her height and slender figure. They had 3 kids and then split. She remained alone raised the kids and just 'came out' as lesbian (to me, the family, anyway) in 2009.

She now looks like a 300 pound sumo wrestler!

Why?

So does her partner,who also has a shaved head with one side tattooed and 3 kids.

Are they making statements? as in F* U?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70
She now looks like a 300 pound sumo wrestler!

Why?

You should probably ask her. I doubt anyone here knows the answer to that...
And I can't believe you'd speak about your daughter in such negative terms... :shk:
edit on 9/22/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

We have not had a mother-daughter relationship since I asked her to please not marry, and let me put her through University first. If it was love it would last. She was 19 and to make it short--said I could like it or not come.

28 years later we are no closer!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

Hah don't you love those controlling mothers who become so overbearing that their children stop talking to them? Then it is always a sob story about how they can't see their grandchildren who they would probably be emotionally abusing if they weren't ostracized.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

We have not had a mother-daughter relationship since I asked her to please not marry, and let me put her through University first. If it was love it would last. She was 19 and to make it short--said I could like it or not come.

28 years later we are no closer!

That's terrible. I married when I was barely 16. Yes, it was a mistake. Yes, my mother begged me not to. Yes, I told her that I was doing it with or without her. But she supported me 100%, including dragging me around the country so I could go to my boyfriend's location (he was in the service) and then my parents paid for the wedding. I will never forget how wonderful it felt to have their support even though I knew how strongly they disagreed with what I was doing. That's LOVE. You can disagree with your children and still support them. My mother and I had a wonderful relationship until the day she died.

A little unsolicited advice: Accept your daughter for WHO she is and WHAT she is and support her in her decisions. Contact her and set your relationship straight before it's too late. Don't throw love away because you don't agree with her.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec
reply to post by canadiansenior70

Hah don't you love those controlling mothers who become so overbearing that their children stop talking to them? Then it is always a sob story about how they can't see their grandchildren who they would probably be emotionally abusing if they weren't ostracized.

Your sarcasm is totalled uncalled for. You know nothing.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
That's terrible. I married when I was barely 16. Yes, it was a mistake. Yes, my mother begged me not to. Yes, I told her that I was doing it with or without her. But she supported me 100%, including dragging me around the country so I could go to my boyfriend's location (he was in the service) and then my parents paid for the wedding. I will never forget how wonderful it felt to have their support even though I knew how strongly they disagreed with what I was doing. That's LOVE. You can disagree with your children and still support them. My mother and I had a wonderful relationship until the day she died.

A little unsolicited advice: Accept your daughter for WHO she is and WHAT she is and support her in her decisions. Contact her and set your relationship straight before it's too late. Don't throw love away because you don't agree with her.

I 'accepted' their choice, attended, paid for the wedding and was around for the birth of the first 2 children. When I had no more money to lend (needed some for myself and they owed me $55K) my (now ex) son-in-law booted me out from coming 3 days a week to 'sit' the kids for 7 hrs/day.

No one can ever say I didn't support them in one way or another, until it was clear that they couldn't manage money and I had to stop lending or we would all have been broke.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I 'accepted' their choice, attended, paid for the wedding and was around for the birth of the first 2 children. When I had no more money to lend (needed some for myself and they owed me $55K) my (now ex) son-in-law booted me out from coming 3 days a week to 'sit' the kids for 7 hrs/day. No one can ever say I didn't support them in one way or another, until it was clear that they couldn't manage money and I had to stop lending or we would all have been broke.

After your terrible comments it is obvious we aren't getting both sides of the story. Who do you think you are fooling?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I 'accepted' their choice,

The fact that you put quote marks around the word accepted makes me think you really didn't.

I think there's something more to this situation but it's really not the subject of the thread. If you don't want to REALLY accept your daughter's sexuality and work out your relationship with her, that's your choice.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I 'accepted' their choice,

The fact that you put quote marks around the word accepted makes me think you really didn't.

I think there's something more to this situation but it's really not the subject of the thread. If you don't want to REALLY accept your daughter's sexuality and work out your relationship with her, that's your choice.

Jeesh. No one can read! I 'accepted' her choice to marry a 'rich' man when she was 19 but he was poor, a narcisisstic liar aged 30, which i saw through, and I could have put her through University and she would be more mature to accept about herself who, now in her mid- 40s has fínally come out as a lesbian.

Her 3 children, now grown, have not adjusted to her new lifestyle and appearance, and I have to keep 'adjustiing' to whatever she changes to, being her mother, if I am to keep contact

Why change some a slender lady to a sumo wrestler? was an 'exaggerated' question regarding if this is commom among lesbians? or might there be more she hasn't told me.......................................?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec

After your terrible comments it is obvious we aren't getting both sides of the story. Who do you think you are fooling?

Please refrain from posting on this thread. you are adding nothing to the situation!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Jeesh. No one can read!

It is possible the meaning is being lost in the delivery?

I 'accepted' her choice to marry a 'rich' man when she was 19 but he was poor, a narcisisstic liar aged 30, which i saw through, and I could have put her through University and she would be more mature to accept about herself who, now in her mid- 40s has fínally come out as a lesbian.

So, what does that have to do with this thread? I'm confused. It sounds like you're just ragging on your daughter. I don't get your point. It sounds like you're bitter because your daughter has made her own choices for her own life and you don't agree with them. That's nothing new. Welcome to parenthood.

I'm just not sure of your point. You want to know why your daughter gained weight? ASK HER. We don't know.

Why change some a slender lady to a sumo wrestler? was an 'exaggerated' question regarding if this is commom among lesbians?

That's like saying that a woman decides to start smoking cigarettes. The question arises: Is this common among women? Just because your daughter is a lesbian and has gained weight doesn't mean they're related. But to answer your question, No. Gaining weight isn't a part of the lesbian lifestyle as far as I know. I'm sure your daughter could provide information better than we could. Many people gain weight as they get older, unrelated to their sexuality.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It is threads such as this one:

www.freerepublic.com...

that make me really want to fight back at the opinions, but my daughter fits what's being said and I feel helpless to know that others like her are being talked about this way.

This was supposed to be my point, but I wasn't clear enough.
edit on 6-10-2011 by canadiansenior70 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join